$19.50hr - Weekend Shift - Forklift Driver
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
Essential Job functions (Tasks, duties and responsibilities most important for the Job)
- Operates forklift 100% of shift
- Certified to operate Order Picker and Reach Lift trucks
- Able to complete vehicle inspection in accordance with OSHA standards
- Follow all safety rules and wear proper PPE
- Use scanner to go to location and pull order
- Take pulled order to assigned department drop zone
- Using scanner, scan inventory into department
- Take received merchandise from receiving floor and put away into Overstock locations
- Work quickly and accurately in a production environment
- Keep work area clean and neat
prior work experience and education requirements
- Forklift operator certificate from previous employer with a minimum of one year verifiable experience operating Order Picker and Reach Lift.
PHYSICAL and Work DEMANDS
- Must be able to successfully pass the Carter’s Equipment Operator Certification and Safety Training
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one with co-workers’ and supervisor.
- Ability to accurately count. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide simple whole numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of measure in regards to numbers, weight and volume.
- Required to stand throughout the entire shift
- Use hands to handle, move and feel cases/cartons/boxes
- Reach with hands and arms to move cases/cartons/ boxes
- Able to bend, stoop, or kneel as needed throughout the shift
- Without strain, must regularly lift and /or move up to 45 pounds
- Able to adjust focus to read small font accurately on scanner/label/computer screen within 20 inches or less
- Required to wear work boots that cover the ankle and provide adequate ankle support and protection
NOTE- This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the position description.
Carter’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR1144