Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
Essential Job functions (Tasks, duties and responsibilities most important for the Job)
- Operate (MHE) material handling equipment, safely and efficiently.
- Must have a valid State issued Driver’s License.
- Skill Set to optimize flow so that all operations have their respective utility needs met.
- Responsible for check-in and check-out of equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform the job with the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to work safely and abide by all of Carter’s Safety rules and procedures and follow PPE guidelines.
- Scrubbing facility floors by use of propane-powered equipment
- Moving cardboard bales from balers into trailers by use of lift equipment
- Running supplies to Operations floor
- Filling trash compactor
- Ensuring that all work, including work performed by subcontractors, is done in accordance with OSHA regulations and Carter’s safety rules.
- Maintaining good housekeeping and working well with management, peers and subordinate employees to maximize productivity while minimizing employee conflict.
- Maintenance of facility property, not limited to building grounds, HVAC, generators, sprinkler systems, security systems, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, skill and ability requirements minimum competencies required for job performance
- Proven team member with skills to multi-task.
- Proficient reading, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to abide by all of Carter’s policies and procedures; specifically the attendance policy.
- Must know, understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures.
prior work experience and education requirements
- High school diploma or a GED preferred, not required.
- Physical and Work Demands
- Must be available to work in a multi-channel, multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
- Ability to work from heights, harnessed into equipment.
- Must be able to stand throughout the entire shift must wear work boots.
- Work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Must be able to repetitively lift cases weighing up to forty pounds.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Must be available to work overtime during peak periods including days off of normal shift.
Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.