Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
how you’ll make an impact:
This role typical reports into the Accounting Supervisor and is based in our Buckhead office in our hybrid work environment.
Accounting - 60%
- Monthly/quarterly retail finance close procedures and reporting of financial results, including monthly/quarterly reconciliation of retail balance sheet accounts
- Analyze balance sheet and expense accounts and prepare necessary journal entry adjustments
- Manage reconciliation of retail store bank accounts to the retail point of sales system
- Daily/monthly reconciliation of expected retail credit card settlements at the point of sale to actual settlements and deposits
- Partner with internal business partners to review actual spend vs. the budget/forecasts and create the necessary journal entry adjustments. Assist with the reforecast of the budget based on actuals.
Analysis & Reporting - 20%
- Prepare monthly/quarterly expense analyses of retail stores
- Quarterly reporting of key retail performance indicators
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for management
- Tableau Dashboard Reporting & Monitoring
Internal Controls - 10%
- Ownership of internal controls
- Maintain systems and databases based on changes in business
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
Internal Communication - 10%
- Significant internal communication with internal business partners to drive company initiatives and ensure the completeness and accuracy of our financial statements (i.e. Sales Audit, Lease Administration, Loss Prevention, Treasury, Internal Audit, Operations, Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Inventory, Supply Chain, Planning, FP&A and Corporate Accounting)
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Strong Excel and general computer skills
- Independent and critical thinking with strong attention to detail
- Effective communication and time management skills
- 1-2 years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Preferred skills and experience:
- Proficient in Tableau (maintaining and managing reporting, analytics, and dashboards)
- Self-motivated, organized, and effectively achieves team goals
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors as well as internal employees
- Ability to demonstrate independent, objective, open-minded thinking with strong attention to detail
- Communication with vendors, landlords, and external auditors
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.