Accounting Intern, Summer 2023
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MOST IMPORTANT TO GET THE JOB DONE)
- Assist with Journal Entry Preparation.
- Assist with Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Assist with Sox control work.
- Assist with tie out of financial statements.
- General assistance with month end/quarter end close tasks.
- Assist with drafting reporting calendar.
- Prepare minutes for close meetings/team meetings.
- Ad hoc assignments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR JOB PERFORMANCE)
- Working knowledge of Excel, Internet search capabilities
- Strong level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong attention to detail, strong mathematical and reasoning skills required
- Familiarity with retail business practices
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Rising Junior or Senior level student with finance concentration or equivalent coursework
- 1 year of broad hands-on or class room experience within the finance field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (3.2 strongly preferred)
- Enrollment in a Bachelor/Master’s degree program at the time of the internship (certificate programs are not eligible)
- Availability to start on the designated start date in May
- Availability to work for a minimum of 10 out of the 11 weeks of the defined internship period which runs from May-August
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.