Analytics and Reporting Intern, Summer 2024
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
As an Analytics and Reporting Intern at Carter’s, you will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in the field of data analytics and reporting. You will work closely with our analytics team to collect, analyze, and present data-driven insights that will inform decision-making within the DC. The internship is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to develop their skills and contribute to projects in a DC environment.
- This role is required to be in the office 5 days per week at our Braselton Distribution Center.
- Data Collection and Processing- Assist in collecting and organizing data from various sources. Clean and preprocess data to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Data Analysis- Conduct quantitative analysis to identify trends, patterns and insights. Collaborate with the team to develop data-driven solutions to business challenges.
- Reporting- Create clear and visually appealing reports and dashboards using data visualization tools(eg., Excel, Tableau, Power BI)
- Documentation- Maintain documentation of data sources, méthodologies, and anaylsis procédures.
- Collaboration- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand their data needs and provide support as necessary.
We’d Love to hear from you if:
- In pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as data science, business analytics, statistics or related fields
- Previous experience in a leadership or financial analytical role
Preferred skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large datasets.
- Proficiency in data manipulation and visualization tools.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Attention to detail
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.