Art Intern, Summer 2023
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
Essential Job functions
- Assist Apparel Graphic Design and CAD team in creating unique and emotional art that is brand appropriate and capable of being manufactured, with direction from manager
- Assist in development of gender and age specific art that displays originality in graphics and print/pattern
- Develop personal project with assistance of manager to present to team for feedback and add to personal portfolio
- Assist with printing projects, assembling presentations for accounts and general filing and organizing as needed
- Basic knowledge of color and trends, with the ability to apply that to art
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines and follow through on all projects
- Follow and support all established procedures within Art Department
- Accuracy in executing paperwork and art procedures
- Communicate all updates with management and follow through with team
Knowledge, skill and ability requirements (minimum competencies required for job performance)
- Possess strong working knowledge of Illustrator & Photoshop as demonstrated through personal portfolio work appropriate for role/brands
- Possess strong communication skills, display a high level of professionalism with team members, and positive attitude
- Basic Color and layout skills
- Display organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and remain focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (3.2 strongly preferred)
- Enrollment in a Bachelor/Master’s degree program at the time of the internship (certificate programs are not eligible)
- Availability to start on the designated start date in May
- Availability to work for a minimum of 10 out of the 11 weeks of the defined internship period which runs from May-August
Prior work experience and educational requirements
- Pursuing a degree in Illustration, Fabric Design/Textiles, Graphic Design, CAD Design or related field
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.