Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
The Carter’s Retail Buying team is responsible for developing and executing a customer-focused product strategy to drive sales and profitability. The buying team operates as a central hub within the organization, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams in planning, merchandising, e-Commerce, marketing, and visual to bring assortments to life in stores and online.
The Assistant Buyer is a critical member of the team focusing on the day-to-day operations of the buying office and contributes directly to supporting company-wide initiatives that will ensure Carter’s remains a leading children’s brand.
The role supports the buying team with relevant data to drive the business, provides critical administrative functions, and collaborates with cross-functional partners to ensure the key strategies are executed. We are looking for a candidate with 1+ years of corporate retail experience, who possesses strong organizational skills, is energized by multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, is curious about business trends and analytics, and has a passion for product, customer experience, and delivering results.
- Report management (generate & analyze on a daily basis to include sales/inv. reports, productivity reports, excess reports, best/worst selling reports, promo reports, and ad hoc requests, seasonal product guides)
- Purchase order management (keying & modifying orders, maintaining order logs, and monitoring order levels). May include outside vendor management
- Price change management to align with weekly promotional cadence and business needs (includes keying pricing for weekly campaign changes)
- Partner with planning and allocation (communicate late deliveries and/or cancels, present monthly assortment strategies, review PO logs)
- Partner with Visual and Retail operations team to help create communications for stores (includes approving sign placement guides, product tests, quality issues, late deliveries, POS issues, product information)
- Partner with site team to set up digital campaigns (pricing, product merchandising, linking)
- Seasonal buy preparation (line structure, historical reporting, assortment planning tool set-up)
- Special Projects (productivity analysis, ad hoc analysis, trend analysis, comp shopping)
- Opportunity for buying responsibility based on progress/skill set
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- General understanding of a retail product assortment
- Analytical Skills, Basic Retail Financial Acumen/Math
- Self-Starter, Strong Communication Skills, Flexible, Collaborative
Preferred skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years in a corporate multi-store/channel environment required (purchase order management, price change management, seasonal preparation, report analysis, manage a product category, special project leader, site merchandising)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Highly Organized, Ability to Multi-Task, Detail-Oriented, Deadline-Oriented
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and multiple projects
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR12833