Assistant General Manager, Distribution Operations
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
How you’ll make an impact:
The Assistant General Manager will be a central point of contact for facility operations. They will be responsible for the operational performance of the facility by managing the processing functions of the multi-channel (eCommerce, Retail, and Wholesale) building for the three operating shifts, and monitoring offsite 3PL capacity planning and performance. The position will be responsible for ensuring the buildings people, processes and technology utilization is maximized.
This role ensures continuous improvement through pro-active leadership and development of direct reports. The AGM will be involved in strategic initiatives regarding the finances/P&L, facility expansion, annual capital budgeting and implementation, facility structure and other initiatives to improve operations.
- Direct/ support all activities associated with distribution operations. Involvement for financial performance (P&L), cycle time (customer service), people management, inventory control and order accuracy
- Act as Facility leader when General Manager is not available
- Understand and review daily/weekly/monthly workloads; consult on staffing, priorities and schedules to ensure production volumes are met
- Excellent knowledge of corporate information systems to support visibility to product flow, inventory and activity history
- Implement strategic initiatives that focus on meeting growing business requirements and the handling of multiple product types
- Monitor key process indicators, analyze data to monitor corporate eCommerce performance and facilitate overall productivity improvements
- Evaluate the logistics operations business practices, update and develop documentation, streamline opportunities and eliminate non-value added activities
- Responsible for executing and reconciling physical inventories
- Safety - Lead to ensure facility is compliant with all governmental and corporate standards regarding safety, policies and discipline
- Loss Prevention - monitor 3PL on all facility operations, LP programs
- Transportation - oversight and leadership in establishing the best carrier costs when routing can be controlled; understanding of customer compliance guidelines and execution of tasks in distribution
- HR - Takes an active role in managing employees and temporary staff
- Finance - support the control/review over all P&L expenses (variable and fixed) to include cost reduction opportunities for services and/or in-house vs. third party opportunities; adhere to corporate purchasing strategies and benefits
- Upholds and follows the standards set forth in Carter’s Code of Ethics, fosters an environment within the facility that promotes the ethical behavior of all associates.
- Communicates effectively with corporate divisions of Merchandise Planning, Customer Service IT and HR as well as external partners
- Provides consistent reporting and KPI review for corporate finance
- Works with corporate divisions on compliance guidelines (vendor and customer)
- Partners with and supports on all DC process improvement projects to include engineered standards and best methods
- Champion all systems improvement initiatives to ensure alignment with business requirements; set strategic direction for modifications required and support/warranty approach
- Responsible for all capital projects, requests, justifications and proof of ROI
- Supervises Carter’s DC management team
- PNL shared responsibility for $ 20M ($6MM Distribution, $13MM outbound Transportation)
We’d Love to hear from you if:
- Inventory Management: Managing the flow of goods in and out of the distribution center. Monitor inventory levels, forecast demand, and stock replenishment.
- Team Management: Leadership in fast paced facility training and ensuring productivity targets and safety protocols. Team motivation
- Process Improvement: Optimize the operations of the distribution center, identify areas for improvement and implement changes to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Analyzing data to identify bottlenecks in the supply chain, reorganizing the layout of the warehouse, or implementing new technology to automate certain processes
- College degree (Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Business Administration) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in multi-use Distribution facilities.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior in all roles, tasks and responsibilities; models company values.
- Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in the DC; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable; ties all loose ends.
- Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in which excellent service is provided to all Customers; sees business through the eyes of the Customer.
- Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to accomplish important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately.
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely with all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to input and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
- Plans Strategically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals, direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term and long-term.
- Ground-Engaged: Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the business and how his/her actions affect the business; uses this knowledge to make effective business decisions; knows the competition and the industry; foresees future challenges and takes action to address them.
- Building Relationships: Establishes trust and credibility with people over time; establishes rapport with people; has smooth working relationships with people inside and outside of the organization.
- Maintains a positive attitude; maintains a high volume, high quality workload under demanding conditions (e.g., short time frame).
- Experience with Manhattan warehouse management system preferred.
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carter’s | OshKosh is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested and qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any type of accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Carter’s | OshKosh est un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi et encourage tous les candidats intéressés et qualifiés à postuler. Si vous avez besoin de certaines mesures d'adaptation, n'hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous. .
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR14364