Assistant Manager - CR1103
If you are a CURRENT Carter’s employee, you MUST apply through the Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
The Assistant Store Manager, through execution of Store Manager directives, assists in maximizing sales, creating a positive, fun and outwardly-friendly environment, guiding store operations to meet brand standards and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets, as well as ensuring our customers receive excellent customer service. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for store operations in absence of the Store Manager.
As an Assistant Store Manager, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Manage the operations of the store in the absence of the Store Manager
- Provide exceptional customer service and shopping experiences for our customers; being a strong brand ambassador through knowledge and understanding of our products
- Work in partnership with the Store Manager to help meet and exceed all company set sales and operational goals
- Drive sales through leadership and coaching on the sales floor
- Communicate field and/or market data to the appropriate department leaders when required
- Assist the Store Manager in all merchandising, marketing and visual presentation aspects of the store
- Receive and process company product accurately and efficiently while preserving the organization of the backroom
- Maintain replenishment of product on the sales floor to company standards
- Support the Store Manager with securing company assets through the implementation of loss prevention policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean store environment for our team members and customers. Participate in store housekeeping duties.
- Ensure the compliance of all company and store policies and procedures
- Contribute to store and region success by accomplishing related results as needed
- Assist the Store Manager in hiring, training and supervising the performance of our team members
- Assist the Store Manager to ensure the successful onboarding and training of new team members
- Support the Store Manager with employee performance management
- Model the Carter’s Company Values and Leadership Behaviours
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years' retail management or supervisory experience
- High energy, enthusiastic team leader with a proven dedication to customer service
- Interest in growing your career into a Store Manager role
- A history of meeting and/or exceeding KPIs
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to motivate others.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent visual merchandising abilities
- Working knowledge of computers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to move and replace fixtures, shelves and hardware throughout the store
- Ability to use ladders on a frequent basis
- Capacity to stand for long periods
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Eight hour shifts up to 40 hours per week: including evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights. A minimum of two closing shifts a week and a weekend shift.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carter’s | OshKosh is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested and qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any type of accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Carter’s | OshKosh est un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi et encourage tous les candidats intéressés et qualifiés à postuler. Si vous avez besoin de certaines mesures d'adaptation, n'hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous.