Assistant Planner, June 2024 Executive Development Program
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
The Carter’s Retail Planning team is responsible for developing short and mid-range merchandise strategies, buy quantification and financial plans, working cross-functionally with our Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing, Allocations and Location Planning teams to achieve key financial objectives for CRI.
The Assistant Planner is a critical member of the team focusing on the day-to-day operations of the Planning office and contributes directly to supporting company-wide initiatives that will ensure Carter’s remains a leading children’s brand. This role typically reports to the Merchandise Planner in our Buckhead location (hybrid, 4/days in office).
The role supports the Planning team with relevant data to drive the business, provides critical administrative functions, and collaborates with cross-functional partners to ensure the key strategies and pricing are executed. We are looking for a candidate who possesses strong organizational skills, is energized by multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, is curious about business trends and analytics, and has a passion for product, planning, customer experience, and delivering results.
20% Report management:
- Generate & analyze on a daily basis to include sales/inv. reports, productivity reports, excess reports, best/worst selling reports, promo reports, and ad hoc requests, seasonal product guides
15% Price change management:
- Align weekly promotional cadence and business needs
- Includes keying pricing for weekly campaign changes
10% Store evaluation:
- Partner with Location Planning, Merchandising and Allocations to evaluate store level assortments and performance
- Partner with Visual and Retail operations team to help create communications for stores (includes approving sign placement guides, product tests, quality issues, late deliveries, POS issues, product information)
- Partner with site team to set up digital campaigns (pricing, product merchandising, linking)
20% Seasonal buy preparation:
- Line structure, historical reporting, assortment planning tool set-up
10% Special Projects:
- Productivity analysis, ad hoc analysis, trend analysis, comp shopping
- Opportunity for Planning/Buy quantification responsibility based on progress/skill set
We’d Love to hear from you if:
- General understanding of a retail product assortment
- Analytical Skills, Basic Retail Financial Acumen/Math
- Self-Starter, Strong Communication Skills, Flexible, Collaborative
- Knowledge of retail fundamentals, ad hoc reporting/analysis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Highly Organized, Ability to Multi-Task, Detail-Oriented, Deadline-Oriented
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0(3.2 GPA or higher strongly preferred)
- Required to have graduated within 6 months of class start date
- Must be able to start in the role full time by June 2024
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
In order for your application to be complete, you must complete an assessment. This assessment should take about 10-15 minutes to complete. Please note: Your application will not be fully submitted until the assessment is complete.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.