Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How you’ll make an impact:
The Carter’s Retail Planning team is responsible for developing short and mid-range merchandise strategies, buy quantification and financial plans, working cross-functionally with our Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing, Allocations and Location Planning teams to achieve key financial objectives for CRI.
The Assistant Planner is a critical member of the team focusing on the day-to-day operations of the Planning office and contributes directly to supporting company-wide initiatives that will ensure Carter’s remains a leading children’s brand.
The role supports the Planning team with relevant data to drive the business, provides critical administrative functions, and collaborates with cross-functional partners to ensure the key strategies and pricing are executed. We are looking for a candidate who possesses strong organizational skills, is energized by multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, is curious about business trends and analytics, and has a passion for product, planning, customer experience, and delivering results.
50% Pricing and Inventory Execution:
- Manage pre-season and in-season pricing execution.Includes partnering with Planner and Merchandising to develop and execute future pricing strategies, weekly campaign changes for stores and eComm, and adjusting as needed based on business trends
- Execute price changes for permanent markdowns in order to maximize gross margin productivity aligning to topside financial goals.
- Manage delivery reports and communicate major shifts to the team, adjust promotional cadence as needed.
- Represent as one of the main points of contact for all questions, feedback, and concerns regarding Store and eComm pricing.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and accuracy regarding product setup and pricing to maintain our customers perception of value and integrity.
50% In-season business management, financial plans, and site planning:
- Generate and analyze daily sales/inventory/gross margin, productivity, best/worst selling, promos, and create any ad hoc requests as needed.
- Partnering with Planner/Associate Planner, develop the fundamentals of Planning by building and managing ladder plans for replenishment styles by channel, style.
- Support Financial planning & buy quantification for future seasons as needed.
- Capture required changes to future promotional cadence based on topside retail event calendar and strategies for the season.
- Complete periodic store visits to continually listen, learn, build relationships to better understand what our customer is looking for.
- Coordinate all marketing and site assets to ensure content is correct for price, styles are available by channel, and inventory is secure.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years in a corporate retail environment required (purchase order management, price change management, seasonal preparation, report analysis, manage a product category, special project leader, site merchandising)
- General understanding of a retail product assortment, breadth and depth, promotional pricing, entrance and exit strategies, and ladder planning
- Analytical Skills, Basic Retail Financial Acumen/Math
- Self-Starter, Strong Communication Skills, Flexible, Collaborative
Preferred skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Highly Organized, Ability to Multi-Task, Detail-Oriented, Deadline-Oriented
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and multiple projects
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.