Assistant Store Manager - 24H300
If you are a CURRENT Carter’s employee, you MUST apply through the Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
The Assistant Store Manager’s purpose is to uphold the Carter’s mission, vision, and values in order to support a high performing team that consistently delivers top end results. The ASM in partnership with the Store Manager is responsible to drive the financial results through exceptional store standards, execution of company strategies, and positive customer interaction. The ASM supports the Store Manager with customer engagement, operational execution, people management, and merchandising.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES)
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the store team, customers and business partners.
- Fosters a positive work environment for both internal and external customers.
- Assists the Store Manager in building and maintaining a successful team by participating in recruiting, interviewing, and development of team.
- Provides feedback to the Store Manager on performance and progress of Sales Managers and Associates.
- Utilizes company tools to train and develop store team to ensure execution of all store operations; addresses performance as needed.
- Adapts management style as necessary to lead and develop team while establishing measurable, attainable and actionable goals.
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance to increase employee engagement.
- Promotes customer service consistently by engaging talent, encouraging positive customer interactions, and maintaining a ready all day store presentation.
- Consistently models the brands customer service standards while coaching others to success.
- Effectively analyzes the business and take necessary action to improve results.
- Assists Store Manager in executing the management of labor and payroll expenses to maximize sales and productivity.
- Responsible for leading and executing an assigned Division of Responsibility (DOR) through planning and detailed follow through.
- Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities by driving results and providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Effectively manages payroll and supports scheduling to maximize sales and productivity.
- Supports management team with Asset Protection through a consistent level of customer service, education, and operational controls.
- Supports the planning and execution of store processes and merchandise placement in an efficient manner while following brand guidelines.
- Builds customer loyalty through company sponsored programs.
- Maintains company standards of a neat, clean, and organized store.
- Monitors and adheres to all safety regulations and policies as directed by the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED minimum requirement, BS/BA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years retail management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team, and supervisor.
- Must be able to build relationships in order to foster teamwork and develop partnerships.
- Ability to lead, direct and execute multiple tasks concurrently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Regular work frequency is required to remain an active employee.
- Availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and will be reviewed based on business needs.
- Seven to eight hour shifts and an average of 35 - 40 hours per week: including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- A minimum of two closing shifts a week based on business needs.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Compensation for this position ranges from $15.00 to $28.00 based on experience and location.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR16756