Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
This is a creative role as an Associate Designer you will own the concept, design and development of Girl Baby Seasonal product. Working closely with cross-functional partners to problem solve and push for newness in creative direction. Responsible for sketching technical drawings in illustrator, communicate design intent, and update design cards as well as maintaining all product details throughout design review process that impact final execution of product. Communicated changes with tech, merch, and production teams.
30%: Creative Concept
- Conduct Frequent research in the marketplace for new & current trends.
- Research and present design and creative concepts that demonstrate innovative, brand right creative.
- Design Silhouettes; prepare and request design and proto samples from Product Development & Sourcing
40%: Product Development
- Sketch technical drawings in illustrator, communicate design intent, and update design cards.
- Fill Silhouettes with prints / art in Illustrator, maintain details in Miro and in PLM.
30% Design Process and Communication
- Support facilitation for all aspects of design: from initial concept to final development of product.
- Train Assistants and Interns on silhouette sketching in Illustrator, line sheet and PLM responsibilities.
- Responsible to achieving calendar deadlines for all stages of design.
We’d Love to Hear from You if:
Exhibit inquisitiveness, excellent communication and analytical skills
Strong knowledge of garment construction, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim development
Posses strong attention to detail and good organizational skills
Strong independent time management and creative problem solving skills
Ability to work in a fast paced, creative, and team oriented environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Exceptional Adobe Suite Skills
This role typical reports into a Design Director and is based in our Buckhead office.
Our Team Members:
Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a Career at Carter’s:
Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.