Corporate Accountant, June 2024 Executive Development Program
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
how you’ll make an impact:
The Accountant role will assist our Finance Controllership Team with various accounting and reporting tasks. The Finance Controllership team is responsible for the Company’s accounting, financial close procedures, external reporting, internal controls, and other finance related tasks.
This role typical reports into the Accounting Supervisor and is based in our Buckhead office in our hybrid work environment
Accounting - 65%
- Monthly/quarterly accounting close procedures and reporting of financial results, including monthly/quarterly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Analyze balance sheet and expense accounts and prepare necessary journal entry adjustments
- Daily/monthly reconciliation of tender sales collections (cash, credit card, gift card, paypal, afterpay, etc.)
- Partner with various internal business partner groups (Marketing, Retail, Wholesale, IT, HR, Legal, AP/AR) to review actual spend vs. the budget/forecasts and create the necessary journal entry adjustments. Assist with the reforecast of the budget based on actuals
- Manage prepaids accounting and reconciliation process, assuring future period invoices are amortized appropriately, renewed and accrued for in a timely manner
- Help prepare lease payments based on lease agreement terms and landlord statements, and assist with the audits of annual landlord adjustment invoices
- Assist in monthly intercompany balancing process
Analysis & Reporting - 15%
- Prepare monthly/quarterly expense analyses
- Prepare P&L and Balance Sheet variance analysis (Cost Center Reporting, B/S Flux, etc)
- Quarterly reporting of key performance indicators
- Assist with the monthly forecast and flash
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for management
- Leverage systems and create enhanced reporting and dashboarding
Internal Controls - 10%
- Maintain finance systems and databases based on changes in business
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
Internal Communication - 10%
- Significant internal communication with internal business partners to drive company initiatives and ensure the completeness and accuracy of our financial statements (i.e. Sales Audit, Lease Administration, Loss Prevention, Treasury, Internal Audit, Operations, Human Resources, Marketing, IT and Corporate Accounting)
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Strong Excel and general computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0(3.2 GPA or higher strongly preferred)
- Required to have graduated within 6 months of class start date
- Must be able to start in the role full time by June 2024
- Ability to perform in a hybrid work model; currently the team is onsite at least 3 days a week but that could change based on business needs
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
- Please note: Your application will not be fully submitted until the assessment is complete."
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.