Corporate Accounting Intern, Summer 2024
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
The Accounting Intern role will assist our Finance Controllership Team. This team is responsible for the Company’s accounting, financial close procedures, external reporting, internal controls, and other finance related tasks.
This role typical reports into the Accounting Supervisor and is based in our XX office in our hybrid work environment.
- This role is expected to be in the office at least 3 days per week at our Buckhead location.
- Assist with Journal Entry Preparation.
- Assist with Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- General assistance with month end/quarter end close tasks.
25%: Financial Reporting
- Assist with tie out of financial statements.
- Assist with drafting reporting calendar.
10%: Internal Controls
- Assist with SOX control work.
10%: Ad hoc assignments
- Prepare minutes for close meetings/team meetings.
- Assist Tax Team and Accounts Receivable/Payables team.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Working knowledge of Excel, strong level of mathematical and problem-solving abilities, and strong attention to detail
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (3.2 strongly preferred)
- Enrollment in a Bachelor/Master’s degree program at the time of the internship (certificate programs are not eligible)
- Availability to start on the designated start date in May
- Availability to work for a minimum of 10 out of the 11 weeks of the defined internship period which runs from May-August
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.