Creative Director, Skip Hop and Carter's Wholesale (New York or Atlanta)
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
This role will serve as both the creative strategy leader for Skip Hop baby gear & toys across all business segments and Carter’s children apparel for the Wholesale segment only. This leader will lead all brand creative communications (Skip Hop & Carter's Wholesale) to best align with the brand and business strategy to drive traffic and sales.
This role reports to the VP, Marketing - Exclusive Brands & Wholesale, Skip Hop and ESG, manages 3 direct reports and can be based in either our Atlanta or New York office (based on candidate location) in our hybrid work environment. It will also include frequent travel to either the Atlanta or New York office as needed (up to 25% of the time) as well as travel to photo/video shoots throughout the year. Additionally, the role manages a creative product budget (~$500,000) including facilitating invoice payment and monitoring expenses.
Skip Hop Creative responsibilities include (70%):
- Strategy: Lead creative strategy to strengthen consumer experience and ensure cohesive brand messaging across all touchpoints (stores, eComm, email, social, etc.) to support the retail promotional, new product calendar, and brand positioning
- Production: Lead all photography and video production to enhance Skip Hop’s brand perception. Seamlessly direct entire creative process: concept/ideation, story board development, shoot production, on-set creative direction, and delivery of on-budget assets, while maintaining high quality standards (generally 4-6x per year). Serve as thought leader on packaging creative.
- Campaign Assets: Develop omni-channel brand campaign assets, in partnership with Marketing, that drive brand awareness, engagement, and conversion
- Store Merchandising: Lead design of retail signage and graphics to unify branding of Skip Hop fixtures in Carter’s retail stores
- Campaign Assets: Develop omni-channel campaign assets for key accounts (Target, Amazon), in partnership with Marketing, that support the customer marketing strategy
- eComm Creative: Lead development of Brand Store and Amazon A+ content consistent with brand experience on SkipHop.com but tailored to Amazon best-practices
- Sales Toolkits: Develop strategy pitch decks in partnership with Marketing, Brand, and Sales to sell in new products and garner increased distribution with domestic customers
- Trade Show: Lead development of brand assets and booth for annual international trade show (in Germany) in partnership with Brand, Marketing, and Sales to create an impactful brand experience that drives increased distribution with international customers
- Sales Toolkits: Oversee development of sales toolkits to attract international distributors
Carter’s Wholesale Creative responsibilities include (30%):
- Campaign Assets: Develop digital campaign assets for Kohl’s, in partnership with Carter’s creative team, that support the seasonal assortment & customer marketing strategy
- Sales Toolkits: Develop sales/marketing toolkits in partnership with Marketing, Merchandising, and Sales to promote seasonal assortment strategy
- Skip Hop and Carter’s Wholesale general creative responsibilities:
- NY Showroom: Lead creative asset production for showroom for Skip Hop and Carter’s (2x/year), in partnership with Carter’s creative team, to build an immersive shop experience for key wholesale customers
- Asset Management: Maintain all creative assets in an organized and accessible manner
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- 5+ years of Creative experience, with minimum 2+ years at Creative Director level
- Experience leading a team across multiple leadership and creative skill levels (art + copy)
- Experience performing and managing a broad range of creative positions from brand, design, art direction, photography, production, and digital content
- Ability to inspire creativity and work well with different personality types- all while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced real time creative culture
- Strong knowledge of creative/advertising trends and tools
- Experience leading brand creative strategy for an owned IP brand preferred
- Demonstrated innovation in variety of digital media formats
- High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year accredited college or university, preferably in Graphic Design
OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
MAKE A CAREER AT CARTER’S:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
**Compensation for this position ranges from $140,000 - $190,000 annually based on experience.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR15098