Director Financial Planning & Analysis, Marketing
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
The Director FP&A, Marketing, will lead the forecasting, planning, and analysis for our Marketing department, with a special focus on spend effectiveness and sales / traffic planning for stores and eCommerce. This individual will partner closely with marketing leadership and key cross-functional leaders to maintain continuous alignment on strategic marketing initiatives.
- 40%: Lead Financial budgeting and forecasting process, global Marketing
- Collaborate with Marketing leaders and cross-functional business partners to build and execute channel-level sales and KPI plans for stores and eCommerce
- Develop and lead the budgeting and forecasting spend for channel-level sales and traffic
- Partner with Marketing analytics teams on the measurement and reporting of weekly KPIs, activation events, and brand campaigns
- Provide weekly traffic bench-marking analysis for Marketing and Retail leadership
- 35%: Strategic Finance partner for Marketing leadership team
- Key Finance partner for marketing team and external agencies; responsible for ensuring strategic and budgetary alignment across all marketing channels
- Collaborate with Marketing analytics and testing teams on measurement and testing of marketing investments
- Prepare financial models for significant Marketing initiatives (e.g. personalization use cases, loyalty program, activation events, and brand campaigns)
- 25%: Financial analysis, Marketing initiatives
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to enable strategic and data-driven decision making; provide direction and make recommendations
- Own reporting on marketing effectiveness and KPIs for key meetings (weekly retail meetings, monthly business reviews, leadership team meetings, earnings preparation, board of director meetings, and monthly/quarterly reporting)
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- 10+ years of business analysis experience, including budgeting, forecasting of expenses, and leading others
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to influence data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic initiatives and gaining broad alignment
- Strong business acumen and a highly analytical mindset
- Experience leading and successfully delivering critical projects / initiatives
- Familiarity with accounting concepts and ability to analyze financial statements
- General business sense; accounting/finance background with experience in accounting and finance principles and application.
- Provide financial and analytical support to business teams.Build and maintain models that facilitate decision making, recommend appropriate analytical techniques and provide appropriate counsel
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills
- Expert level skills Excel
Preferred skills and experience:
- Driven and able to balance multiple priorities.Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization.Self motivated and resourceful.
- Preferred experience with tableau, Power BI
- Retail finance background preferred
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.