Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
The Director of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) leads the development and implementation of SEO enhancements to expand Carter’s online presence, and enhance short-term and long-term growth. This role will lead on-page optimizations, content generation, technical SEO maintenance, and efforts to grow Domain and Page Authority. Will be responsible for developing overarching strategies, optimizing the company’s web pages and content across all platforms, and partnering cross-functionally to deliver key objectives. Will lead cross-functional efforts in delivering content, site merchandising, and technology changes that drive business results. Success in this position will be demonstrated by meaningful increases in search rankings and internet traffic.
This individual will report into the GVP, eCommerce North America and will be based in our Buckhead office in our hybrid work environment.
SEO Strategy (30%)
- Own and lead all SEO-related workstreams as a subject matter expert. Form an SEO Center of Excellence across the organization to develop a cohesive strategy, identify success metrics, and drive results
- Build alignment between business goals, opportunity size, and cost to drive keyword prioritization
- Actively participate in the global SEO community to stay current on trends and to gather new skills that will give the business a competitive edge. Evolve strategies as new technology as tools emerge
- Align Carter’s content and technical SEO implementation with Google’s algorithmic priorities, such as EEAT, Core Updates, Helpful Content Updates, and Natural Language Processing/Entity-Based approach (BERT).
- Review, synthesize, and report on results through dashboards and regular updates to inform cross-functional partners and senior leaders
- Develop a well-informed strategy for growth and new content generation while providing thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication to key cross-functional teams
Identify SEO Optimization Opportunities (40%)
- Drive growth by continually auditing the sites, monitoring activity, analyzing performance, identifying areas of opportunity and recommending ways to drive traffic and improve KPIs
- Employ the use of key tools such as SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Sitebulb, Ahrefs, etc. to identify trends, issues, and opportunities to further optimize SEO
SEO Execution (30%)
- Design an optimization roadmap with cross-functional partnership and delivery leads to prioritize, plan, and deliver key objectives
- Partner with the Creative, Merchandising, and Content Delivery teams to develop and implement SEO strategies, such as keywords, linking, and content development. Review content on a regular basis to identify opportunities, points of improvement, and creative solutions
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- 7+ years of progressive SEO experience with a proven and successful track record in the designing and delivery of SEO plans and strategies in fast-paced business environment.
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional data literacy, and ability to draw insight from raw information and data acquired through field research. Ability to analyze data for the purpose of determining strategies, approaches, and content planning.
- Expert-level experience with SEO tools including Google Search Console, Google News, Discover, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Moz, SiteBulb, Screaming Frog, and others
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of various digital marketing channels, for example, PR, web development, content creation, social media, on-site usability, off-site optimization, among others.
- Deep understanding of technical SEO strategy
- Excellent project management skills in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience with SEO site audits, sitemap reviews, and other critical SEO performance updates
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel, Adobe Analytics, and Looker Studio skills
- Comfort collaborating with both developers and marketers to accomplish SEO objectives
- Strong attention to detail and an understanding of what types of creative products are effective for organic growth and conversion
OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
MAKE A CAREER AT CARTER’S:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.