Distribution Center Operations Intern, Summer 2024
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
The Operations Intern will be responsible for learning the basic functions of multiple departments across the distribution center. The process for facilitating this will be a rotational schedule in which the Intern will move from one area to another in a structured manner. The Intern will work with Supervisors and Managers in the areas they are assigned to understand the basics of the department.
At the completion of the rotational schedule, the Intern will have a high-level understanding of the flow of product through the facility from Inbound, through the processing engines, to Outbound and the activities necessary to optimize that flow.
- This role is required to be in the office 5 days per week at our Braselton Distribution Center.
- Observe the daily workload/workflow for a specific functional area and recommend sound business adjustments to ensure the functional area is operating at most efficient model.
- Understand all functional area performance metrics (service, cost, quality, and accuracy) for all channels of business.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and equipment.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the functional area and monitor efficiency.
- Understand all production levers that impact the functional area productivity rates while maintaining high levels of service, quality and morale.
- Support implementation of SOP’s (standard operating procedures) and daily work guidelines and processes that optimize resource utilization (people, equipment, technology).
- Promote teamwork within your functional area. Work closely with distribution staff and understand their roles and contribute to team goals.
- Create and participate in an operational project that supports distribution objectives.
We’d Love to hear from you if:
- In pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or related field
- Previous experience in a leadership role
Preferred skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and team oriented environment.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new tasks and challenges.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.