Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MOST IMPORTANT TO GET THE JOB DONE)
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the team (Management and Sales Associates). Builds, develops and promotes successful teams through effective recruiting, hiring, and staffing. Exhibits consistent leadership and communication across the business. Effectively oversees payroll and scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
- Networks and recruits utilizing company tools to create a bench of talent for future growth.
- Capitalizes on opportunities to train, coach and performance manage individuals on their professional and organizational growth.
- Addresses coaching and performance discussions timely and as needed.
- Develops Store Managers to drive the performance of store teams to maximize productivity and minimize performance issues.
- Critically analyzes key performance indicators and identifies behaviors needed to drive top line sales.
- Oversees the business, drives and executes all company/store initiatives according to established timelines and standards and strive for operational excellence.
- Leads store teams to generate sales to meet and exceed goals to last year and budget.
- Coaches Store Leaders to build customer loyalty through execution of the company programs and customer service.
- Analyzes business results and coach Store Managers effectively on the necessary actions to continuously improve results.
- Responsible for ensuring Asset Protection standards in place through auditing procedures, evaluating the level of customer service and operational controls within the store environment.
- Partners with peers, business partners and management teams to identify successes and opportunities in the business.
- Maintains a strong and genuine customer focus, merchandise to company standards and embrace change. Ensure visual presentation, reactionary merchandising and marketing are to the company standard.
- Ensures each store demonstrates a culture of customer service by evaluating the use of company programs as they relate to People, Interaction, Presentation and Execution.
- Ensures merchandising standards are being executed including visual, signage, sales promotions and floor sets as required.
- Utilizes Company tools to audit, train and coach to company standards.
- Maintains a Ready all-day district that is neat, clean and always organized.
- Cultivates a positive and inclusive work environment through recognition and motivation.
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNICATION:
- Natural ability to grow leaders and instill confidence in people around them.
- Ability to deliver and inspire a great internal and external customer experience while always looking for an opportunity to grow customer base.
- Sets a positive example by consistently demonstrating Carter’s / OshKosh leadership behaviors and core values.
- Maintains a professional relationship at all levels within the organization and be fully compliant with Carter’s / OshKosh code of ethics.
- Develops and coach Store Management to execute flawlessly on company objectives and procedures with the customer experience and talent development at the core.
- Fosters a positive, prideful work environment with open communications, timely resolution of conflicts and regulatory compliance.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships within the community and foster existing ones to build the brand.
- Ability to build and sustain effective teams.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills with field and corporate leadership.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management.
SUPERVISORY / BUDGETARY / EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION RESPONSIBILITY
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS (IF APPLICABLE - ANY DUTIES NOT CONSIDERED ESSENTIAL)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR JOB PERFORMANCE)
- Strong retail background required.
- Understands and manages to KPIs, budgets and P&Ls.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proven business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to consistently communicate, both written and verbally, with multiple locations remotely.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Flexible availability seven days a week and ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field strongly preferred.
- Multi-unit retail/specialty apparel experience-minimum of 5 years.
- Flexible availability seven days a week and ability to travel approximately 75% of time.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb up/down ladder.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.