Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, and www.cartersoshkosh.ca. The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the team (Management and Sales Associates). Builds, develops and promotes successful teams through effective recruiting, hiring, and staffing. Exhibits consistent leadership and communication vertically and horizontally across the business. Effectively oversees payroll and scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
- Network and recruit utilizing company tools to create a bench of talent for future growth, assess skills and cultural fit.
- Capitalize on opportunities to train, coach and performance management individuals on their professional and organizational growth.
- Address coaching and performance discussions timely and as needed.
- Develop Store Managers to drive the performance of store teams to maximize productivity and minimize performance issues.
- Critically analyzes key performance indicators and identifies behaviors needed to drive top line sales.
- Oversees the business, drives and executes all company/store initiatives according to established timelines and standards and strive for operational excellence.
- Lead store teams to generate sales to meet and exceed goals to last year and budget.
- Coach Store Managers to build customer loyalty through execution of the company programs and customer service.
- Analyze business results and coach Store Managers effectively on the necessary actions to continuously improve results.
- Responsible for ensuring asset protection through auditing procedures, evaluating the level of customer service, and operational controls within the store environment.
- Partner with peers, business partners and management teams to identify successes and opportunities in the business.
- Maintain a strong and genuine customer focus, merchandise to company standards and embrace change. Ensure visual presentation, reactionary merchandising and marketing are to the company standard.
- Ensure each store demonstrates a culture of customer service by evaluating the use of company programs as they relate to People, Interaction, Presentation and Execution.
- Ensure merchandising standards are being executed including visual, signage, sales promotions and floor sets as required.
- Utilize Company tools to audit, train and coach to company standards. Maintain a Ready all day district that is neat, clean, and organized at all times. Cultivates a positive work environment through recognition and motivation.
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNICATION:
- Natural ability to grow leaders and instill confidence in people around them
- Ability to deliver and inspire a great internal and external customer experience while always looking for an opportunity to grow customer base
- Set a positive example by consistently demonstrating Carter’s / Osh Kosh leadership behaviors
- Maintain a professional relationship at all levels within the organization and be fully compliant with Carter’s / Osh Kosh code of ethics
- Develop and coach Store Management to execute flawlessly on company objectives and procedures with the customer experience and talent development at the core
- Foster a positive, prideful work environment with open communications, timely resolution of conflicts and regulatory compliance
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the community and foster existing ones to build the brand Ability to build and sustain effective teams
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills with field an corporate leadership Effectively communicates with all levels of management
- Strong retail background in soft lines and specialty required Understands and manages to KPI’s, budgets and P&Ls
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Ability to consistently communicate, written and verbal, with multiple locations remotely Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Flexible availability seven days a week and ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field strongly preferred
- Multi-unit retail/specialty apparel experience-minimum of 5 years
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb up/down ladder.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.