Email Operations Manager
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
Campaign Builds - 30%
- Oversee set-up and build out of email & mobile campaigns within Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, including:
- Link builds, tag structure, destinations, promotions, and audience strategies, ensuring they align to execution specs
- Audience assignment
- Send-time deployment
- Testing execution
- Campaign deliverability monitoring and performance tracking, including:
- Monitor campaign deliverability to identify problems interfering with campaign success and take corrective actions to resolve
- Work closely with our 3rd party delivery consultants to monitor email quantities, bounce backs, open, unsubscribe, click- through rates, and other relevant criteria
- Identify trends and opportunities for improved email campaign metrics and make recommendations for future campaigns
Quality Control & Process Management - 30%
- Develop & maintain email & mobile documentation for builds
- Establish timelines for key milestones within the email planning, creation and build process. Ensure teams adhere to the timelines to minimize risk to the program.
- Manage resources to flex as needed to ensure emails are delivered on time
- Oversee Q/A process, including cross-team testing and review of all sends
- Match deployment reporting to planned circ to ensure deployment sent accurately. Fix any discrepancies before deployment.
- Maintain accuracy reporting to monitor stability of process to drive a continuous cycle of improvement
- Collaborate to validate testing plans from an operations perspective to ensure accuracy in the build. Manage execution to ensure valid reads and actionable results
Program Development - 30%
- Serve as team expert on the ESP capabilities & campaign delivery requirements and share with team
- Monitor industry trends, including new requirements/legislation effecting email program (ie CAN-SPAM)
- Cross-train team on email deployment and build, ensuring redundancy across the team for program stability and continuity
Innovation - 10%
- Monitor email & mobile landscape for new ideas and innovation
- Identify opportunities to refine strategies, develop models, infuse personalization, and drive engagement for channel
- Leverage ESP to fully utilize their capabilities, understand macro trends and any new functionality
- Constantly evaluate process flow and performance to identify ways to improve and evolve program
- Identify new promotions and/or campaigns to drive engagement with channel
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- 5+ years of email marketing experience, ideally with a fast paced, high-volume email program
- Experience building email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience leading and managing a team of at least 2 direct reports
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment where accuracy is an imperative
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or other related field
Preferred skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of up-to-date marketing and email/mobile communication strategies and best practices around permission-based marketing, deliverability, personalization, segmentation, and SPAM, including CAN-SPAM laws and regulations.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong technical and analytical skills, experience using email/mobile distribution and reporting applications, understanding of A/B testing and analyzing results to make recommendations for improvement.
- Project Manager and innovative problem solver who is intensely detail-oriented, results-focused, and able to successfully execute multiple projects accurately and on time.
- Experience in an agency and/or corporate marketing environment preferred
- Retail experience a plus
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint skills
OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
MAKE A CAREER AT CARTER’S:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR13957