Fabric Manager, Global Procurement
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
Strategic Fabric Procurement :
- Prepare and implement Global Materials Strategic Procurement strategies plan by engaging internal cross functional partners in different countries.
- Analyzing category data and indicators to initiate proposal for mill strategy in line with 5-year plan.
- Closely work with Management to conduct strategic sourcing initiatives including fact-based negotiations.
- Research and propose mill allocation with negotiated saving to ensure competitive price while maintaining quality and mill’s service level
- Perform historical data analysis of fabric consumption to establish procurement plan.
- Rationalize the China and Asia supply base for materials by analyzing data or insights to support Asia material allocation plan.
- Execute cost improvement initiatives to match negotiated saving year over year.
Asian Fabric Mill Management
- Lead onboarding new Asian fabric suppliers of raw material to ensure steady supply.
- Prepare mill scorecard and performance report matrix for Management Review to support global procurement decision.
- Identify supplier risk area and execute risk mitigation actions with technical and feasible solution for fabric issues at mill.
- Support global projects as required.
- Degree or above with major in textile or business-related discipline.
- At least 10 years strategic procurement for knit and woven fabric in Asian countries with at least 5 years’ experience in sizable apparel buying office.
- In-depth technical knowledge, testing, safety standards on fabric construction, production process and vendor management.
- Excellent fabric cost analysis, fabric order and vendor management.
- Outstanding data analysis and project management skills for global or regional procurement.
- Strong problem solving and ability to lead negotiate with different counterparts.
- Strong presentation skills and able to collaborate with all levels of counterparts and cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Mandarin
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR26656