Facility and Maintenance Manager
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
how you’ll make an impact:
This position is responsible for the maintenance department, facilities, grounds and infrastructure within the Braselton, GA 1.1 million sq ft Distribution Center.
This role typicalyl reports into Senior Manager, Maintenance and Facility and is based in our Braselton Distribution Center.
Facilities Maintenance & Improvements (65%)
- Implementation of innovative projects and solutions - leveraging analytics and operations feedback to deliver simple and efficient processes.
- Responsible for analytics of maintenance activities, team performance, and vendor performance.
Identify industry trends and opportunities to improve efficiencies and services while decreasing the overall spend.
- Support the growth of the distribution network by leveraging knowledge and expertise of maintenance equipment, tools, and procedures.
- Oversee the repair and maintenance of all DC equipment and facility related items, obtaining assistance from outside resources as necessary.
- Manage vendor relationships with external contracts, including lift equipment, WCS, HVAC, Grounds Keeping etc. Coordinate work as needed with outside vendors. Communicate with landlord on facility maintenance and repair issues.
- Ensure that staffing levels are adequate for maintenance demands; adhere to company policies, safety standards, work guidelines and good housekeeping.
- Monitor and ensure associate compliance with state and federal regulations relating to maintenance operations.
- Oversee management of CMMS inventory, asset management system and preventive maintenance schedule.
- Troubleshoot and facilitate equipment repairs to minimize downtime.
- Identify opportunities for flow and material handling equipment improvement.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate up-to-date information on business plans and priorities with internal and external business partners.
Collaboration & Leadership (35%)
- Act as trusted partner to operations leadership teams
- Thought leader in regards to processes, MHE, and DC systems.
- Manage special projects and material handling enhancements with maintenance staff.
- Oversight and coverage of weekday maintenance department, consisting of maintenance and utility technicians and custodians. Drive department performance related to maintaining warehouse equipment.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an industrial systems or Technical degree
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience.
- 3-5 leadership experience in an industrial setting
- Ability to Influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to lead employees in a multi-shift environment.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Strong time management, organizational and verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts.
- Working knowledge of technical processes and procedures in a maintenance environment in addition to working knowledge of construction processes.
- Experience with sortation and conveyor systems. Working knowledge of following preferred:
- Working knowledge of all types of power sources - electrical, gas, water.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards as they apply to General Industry.
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.