Communication Specialist, Retail Stores
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How you’ll make an impact:
The Field Communications Specialist (Store Communications) is responsible for supporting and executing the field communication strategy for our 1000 retail store locations. Developing a strategy that ensures clear, concise, timely, and engaging materials for store teams and field leadership.
As the Field Communications Specialist you will work closely with store teams, field leaders, and business partners, serving as the main point of contact for our retail stores. Managing a consistent loop of feedback and re-imagination of the communication process to our field teams is integral to this role’s success.
This role reports to the Manager of Retail Communications and is based at our Atlanta Corporate offices where we work in a hybrid work environment (3-4 days in office, holidays/ weekends on-call as needed).
- 60%: Create, prioritize, and execute day-to-day communication to the field organization
- 15%: Collaborate with cross-functional partners to gather details for communication
- 15%: Manage internal communication sites including document library, communication, and design
- 10%: Coordinate and create materials to facilitate field-engaging meetings/conference calls
We’d Love to hear from you if:
- Sense of urgency, creating and disseminating timely communication
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize effectively while balancing feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills at all levels, from store associates to executives
- Ability to synthesize and communicate results clearly and effectively
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in situations with ambiguity
- Creative and customer focused; ability to develop practical yet innovative solutions
- Ability to lead courageously - not afraid to speak frankly, offer new ideas, take calculated risks, and support positive change
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills
- 1-3 years’ experience in communications, retail operations
Preferred skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Basic Excel skills a plus
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.