Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
how you’ll make an impact:
The Forecasting Analyst position is responsible for executing monthly capacity forecasts, coordinating buy strategies across channels, communicating with Sales, Merchandising, and Buying teams to deliver accurate, on time product. This role involves analyzing data to make daily decisions that maximize profitability and has a large impact on sales, margin, and inventory.
This role typically reports into Sr. Manager of Forecasting and is based in our Buckhead, GA office.
75% Forecasting, Capacity Planning, Buying:
- Execute the forecasting and buying processes for assigned product categories.
- Maintain appropriate buying strategies (weeks of supply, safety stock, etc.) to support brand and SBU specific service level, Days of Supply, and Open To Buy constraints
- Participate in the style ranking process used for initial replenishment forecasts and for seasonal forecasts. This is a collaborative effort with Merchandising and the output is used to drive Customer Sell-in recommendations.
- Own forecast consolidation across all channels.
- Adhere to all critical calendar deliverables including Forecast Publish Dates, Fabric Commits, Buys, and Costing updates.
25% Reporting, Project Management
- Analyze POS and Booking trend information regularly and update style forecasts as customer demand changes.
- Anticipate key partner’s needs and perform ad hoc analysis as needed to support Sales, Merchandising, and the Operations groups.
- Document key processes and tools
- Participate in key initiatives as required (UAT, business requirements, etc.)
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Ability to combine analytical skills with practical business knowledge.
- BA / BS in related field (mathematics, engineering, supply chain, finance, etc.)
Preferred skills and experience:
- Prior experience in related field preferred
- Apparel or short-life cycle forecast experience preferred
- Excellent Communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Candidate must have a strong focus and proven attention to detail
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.