Human Resource Intern, Retail Stores, Summer 2023
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
- HR Project and Process Support - 50%
- Support current HR projects, initiatives, and technology
- Manage mail and inboxes daily to ensure timely response and follow up
- Aid in the prompt response/escalation to requests received
- Process weekly personal action forms
- Review alignment and assists with paperwork for personnel changes
- Process requests for employment verifications
- Supports the unemployment claim process
- Assists and supports special projects as needed
- Reporting and Analytics - 50%
- Assists team in data analysis and insights
- Streamline reporting to support insightful communication to field leadership
- Supports data collection for the Retail Dashboard
- Pulls ad hoc reports for Retail HR team
- Audits district manager and alignment employee data
knowledge, skill and ability requirements (minimum competencies required for job performance)
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to partner cross functionally
- Ability to fact-find and bring solutions to the table
- Strong collaboration skills, enjoys working in a team environment
prior work experience and educational requirements
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (3.2 strongly preferred)
- Enrollment in a Bachelor/Master’s degree program at the time of the internship (certificate programs are not eligible)
- Availability to start on the designated start date in May
- Availability to work for a minimum of 10 out of the 11 weeks of the defined internship period which runs from May-August
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.