Human Resources Manager-Wednesday - Saturday
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
This position offers a complex blend of organizational development and employee relations for a population of exempt and non-exempt. Strong influencing and coaching skills are critical for this position. This role interacts with leadership on a wide variety of topics providing assistance and support. Creates a culture that values retention, coaching, talent development and succession planning.
- Act as strategic business partner to leadership on all HR related activities for distribution center
- Support facility operations by ensuring that all exempt positions are filled to budgeted levels and skill sets and experience are aligned with essential job functions. Drive diversity for all exempt roles.
- Ensure the proper application of company policy, procedures and employment laws
- Serve as a resource for management and associates to identify and resolve employee relations issues
- Partner with shift Director/leader on Talent Development and succession planning
- Partner with operations management to ensure a safe working environment and compliance with Carter’s Safety Program
- Facilitate employee relations initiatives and rewards/recognition programs to promote positive workforce morale.
- Assess and coordinate management training programs to include policy, sexual harassment, union avoidance and leadership development.
- Administer performance review program and facilitate salary administration to ensure consistency and equity in pay practices.
- Partner with in-house legal counsel as needed.
- Ensure company communications are designed and implemented in the building.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with company culture.
- Assist with other projects, as required.
SUPERVISORY / BUDGETARY / EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION RESPONSIBILITY
- Facilitate Development of associates (exempt and non-exempt) through timely feedback, effective communication, proper expectations and training, mentoring/coaching so they can achieve their professional metrics/goals and take on roles of increased responsibility over time.
- Partner with Operations Management team to conduct quarterly performance updates for all direct reports (addressing leadership behaviors).
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with internal business partners.
- Maintain a necessary communication network with other area employers.
secondary functions (IF APPLICABLE - ANY DUTIES NOT CONSIDERED ESSENTIAL)
Actively participate in (incidents, near misses, accidents, awareness, etc.) all safety related matters (meetings, supporting initiatives, investigations, etc.).
knowledge, skill and ability requirements (minimum competencies required for job performance)
- Excellent and proven leadership ability (focus on being proactive, leading/driving change, repeatedly achieving given goals, motivating people, coaching/developing people and being a good follower - disagree and commit).
- Strong customer-focus (demonstrated success in identifying, understanding, aligning, delivering and following-up with internal and external customers).
- Demonstrated success with multi-tasking and the ability to adapt to ever-changing environment while maintaining clear focus on all priorities.
- Demonstrated success working within a matrix organization and team environment while meeting/exceeding expectations.
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws to include EEOC, AAP, OSHA, FMLA, ADA and FLSA
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and evening or weekend shifts.
prior work experience and educational requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; and 4-5 years progressive Human Resources experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PHR/SPHR Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Distribution Center or Supply Chain process
- Must be available to work in a multi-channel, multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
- Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Must be able to repetitively lift cases weighing up to forty pounds.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Must be available to work consecutive days in a row (for example 14+ days).
- Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
NOTE- This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the position description.
Carter’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Carter's, Inc. (NYSE:CRI), is the largest branded marketer in the United States of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 600 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR13274