Lead, UX Design/Developer
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated UX design & development leader who is looking to create innovative digital experiences for some of the most important purchases parents make - those for their kids. Today’s parents have so many things puling for their attention and the eCommerce team is focused on reimaging our digital experiences to alleviate some of the stressors from their everyday lives and deliver experiences that are both seamless and delightful to shop.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
As a Lead, UX Design/Developer, you will be responsible for supporting key organizational growth initiatives and executing an enhancement roadmap that attracts, engages, and retains customers across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico websites, ~$600M in annual revenue. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader, coach, and visionary - with strong instincts and outstanding intuition - who will lead, mentor, and provide direction to a team of UX Designers and Front-End Developers. The Lead, UX Design/Developer will leverage their industry knowledge in user behavior to design beautiful customer experiences that are easy to use (50%), while delivering best-in-class front-end solutions, leveraging React.js and other modern front-end web application frameworks (50%).
Experience Design (50%)
- Lead and mentor a team of user experience designers, providing visual guidance and support translating design concepts into front-end solutions
- Actively maintaining and ensuring the consistent use of the design system between UX and FED
- Participate in the creation of new designs component, user flows, and interactive prototypes
- Working with product management to define user stories and product backlogs
- Create end-to-end experiences that meet both the needs of the customer and business objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to optimize the customer experience and ensure the website's visual design align with brand guidelines
- Presenting your ideas to key stakeholders and advocating on behalf of the customer
Front-End Development (50%)
- Lead and mentor a team of front-end developers, providing technical guidance and support.
- Develop and maintains front-end production code, emphasizing React.js for optimal stability, performance, responsiveness, and accessibility.
- Produces architecture and solutions artifacts/documentation for multiple applications while being accountable for high-quality delivery
- Executes creative software solutions with an ability to think beyond conventional approaches to break down technical challenges that meet design/business expectations
- Collaborates closely with back-end developers to integrate front-end components with server-side logic, promoting cross-team collaboration
- Implement responsive web design principles to enhance the user experience across various devices and screen sizes.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging front-end frameworks, particularly in React.js, and integrate them into the development process.
We’d Love to Hear from You if:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or similar, with an understanding of design principles.
- Strong leadership skills, including experience leading front-end development teams and fostering collaboration.
- A portfolio showcasing successful front-end development projects, particularly with React.js.
- Practical problem-solving skills and a creative approach to development challenges.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with e-commerce front-end development.
- Experience with Salesforce Progressive Web App (PWA) development.
- Proficiency in UI component libraries such as Chakra UI or Material UI.
- Knowledge of common React.js tech stacks used in e-commerce retail.
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a Career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.