Loss Prevention Customer Associate - 24H500
If you are a CURRENT Carter’s employee, you MUST apply through the Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
Responsible for protecting company assets through exceptional customer service and through disciplined safety procedures. Provide customer service and engage customers to increase sales and decrease exposure to loss. This position will support Carter’s "prevention first" philosophy by ensuring operational excellence and by having a consistent visible presence on the sales floor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST IMPORTANT)
- Provides a strong and genuine customer focus on the sales floor at all times.
- Assists store management with dealing with difficult customer situations.
- Contact/interacts with local authorities when necessary.
- Maintains consistent communication with the store team regarding all incidents and exposures to loss.
- Maintains housekeeping and safety standards to ensure a positive experience for customers and team.
- Utilizes all in-store physical resources such as CCTV, mirrors, etc. to deter theft.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Documents all known theft/attempted theft situations on company Incident Reports.
- Partners with store management to address potential theft situations.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with all members of the team.
- Adjusts performing assignments as requested.
- Supports, trains, and coaches others to success.
- Effectively communicates with store management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates customer engagement skills.
- Minimum of 1 year of Loss Prevention experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Retail/specialty apparel knowledge and experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Compensation for this position ranges from $12.50 to $22.00 based on experience and location.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: JR11587