Manager, Engineering and Operations Support
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
The Manager, Engineering and Operations Support is responsible for the development, implementation, documentation, training, and support of engineered standards. This role will develop and implement SOPs, process flow improvements/documents, and best-method practices in a complex, high volume, cross channel distribution and supply chain operation for three distribution centers in the southern Atlanta area. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the Manhattan Labor Management system configuration, custom reporting, and with developing and executing queries used in engineering analysis, facility CAD maintenance, corporative project support.
- Collects and summarizes time study and work sampling data to support development of engineered labor standards, department goal setting and indirect staffing requirements.
- Conducts observations and time studies on processes and flow - Standard Maintenance.
- Manages all major operations implementation projects as PMO (Project Management Office)
- Acts as Head DC Project Manager for all peak readiness meetings throughout the year.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the definition of viable operations concepts based on volume, equipment capacity, MHE needs and End to End distribution channel Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) business objectives.
- Manages cross functional team communication with all stakeholders during project work to ensure alignment.
- Manages relationships and ensures timely updates to both internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Drafts and designs layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate ergonomics and maximum efficiency, using drafting and computer applications.
- Drafts and designs layouts for new processes (CAD)
REPORTING & DATA ANALYTICS (40%)
- Maintains knowledge of production reporting applications. Assists with trouble-shooting data entry, reporting, and data collection problems.
- Assists in the development of processes and mechanisms for labor forecasting, staffing, modeling, tracking, recognition program and other reporting as required to support management of engineering projects and decisions.
- Maintains the configuration and assists with the development of the production reporting applications and related interfaces with warehouse management (WM), warehouse control systems (WCS), time and attendance and labor management system (LMS).
- Advises and assists management with labor analysis and economic justification studies.
- Assists operating management with implementation of changes to established or new process methods. Supports operations team for LM related issues.
- Applies statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine workflow processes, staff requirements, line balancing, root causes issues, etc.
- Drafts and develops standard operating procedures (SOP) for DC tasks and functions
- Builds reusable data entry style templates for Operations, HR, IC, etc. and other departments that helps streamline processes, reduce errors and bring consistency across shifts.
- Generates productivity and production reports (Time standards, Cost efficiencies) driving actionable analysis.
OPERATIONS TRAINING / OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Trains leadership on multiple modules of the performance management program.
- Trains the Training Team on associate training for new areas brought onto the LM program.
- Drafts and developments departmental leader guidebooks on how to operate, manage and run Operational departments efficiently and consistently across shifts.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Understanding of DC equipment systems, project management, scheduling, tracking, presentations and reporting up to C-level leadership
- Drive process flow and identify operational components (how downstream and upstream parties are affected
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Communicate effectively and leading in dynamic team environment
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, or approaches to problems.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Observe, receive and obtain information from all relevant sources, monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated success with multi-tasking and the ability to adapt to ever-changing environment while maintaining clear focus on all priorities.
- 3 years of related experience
Preferred skills and experience:
- BS in Industrial Engineering (preferred)
- Previous technical engineering assignments preferred
- Operations knowledge of distribution and related processes preferred
- Experience in distribution operations design including layout, operations improvement, material handling system (MHS) design, process design, project road mapping, End-to-End DC process flow, etc.
- Experience working in a multi-channel, multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work occasional different or split shifts and extended hours based upon business needs
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR15596