Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
how you’ll make an impact:
The Finance Manager, Supply Chain FP&A provides comprehensive, strategic financial support for Distribution Centers across the Carter’s network. This includes coordination, reporting and administration of all financial affairs. The Finance Manager will also provide financial reporting and analytical support for consolidated company Supply Chain function.
This role typical reports into the Senior Manager, FP&A and is based in our Buckhead office in our hybrid work environment
70%: Coordinate the consolidation of the financial and strategic planning processes for Distribution Center Network
- Collaborate with business leaders to manage the Distribution Center Network budget, including forecasting, monthly close and variance analysis, and financial reporting.
- Prepare materials for key meetings (Monthly Business Review meetings, Leadership Team meetings, Earnings preparation, Board of Directors meetings, and monthly/quarterly reporting).
- Provide weekly financial updates as well as monthly and quarterly variance analyses to the Supply Chain leadership team and key business partners
- Create and maintain quarterly forecasts and annual budgets of expense items for the Supply Chain team
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare financial plans, operating forecasts, and business trends and metrics
- Coordinate timelines and calendars with business partners and key finance resources
- Manage SG&A spending, forecasting and variance analysis
- Provide income statement and capital expense financial planning across network
- Collaborate with business leaders to create the Five Year Plan for the Distribution Center network
20%: Support Supply Chain initiatives and projects
- Identify and implement process improvements in quarterly financial reporting and forecasting process, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of analysis to business partners
- Support Distribution Center investment opportunities through financial modeling, communicate analysis to Supply Chain and Finance leadership
10%: Support Corporate initiatives and ad hoc analyses as needed
- Support Consolidation Finance team with quarterly reporting and presentation materials as needed
- Support and/or identify new business investments, projects, and other profit improvement opportunities through analysis and business cases
- Provide analysis to business leaders in support of projects, new business investments, and other profit or cost reduction opportunities.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- 5+ years Business / Finance analysis including detailed budgeting and forecasting of revenue and expenses
- 3+ years experience with detailed budgeting and forecasting of Distribution Center expenses
- General business sense, accounting/finance background with experience in accounting and finance principles and application
- Understanding of accounting concepts and ability to analyze financial statements
- Proven successful experience in Supply Chain financial planning and analysis
- Strong Excel modeling skills and ability to analyze Supply Chain specific financial reporting metrics; recommend appropriate analytical techniques and provide appropriate counsel to leadership
- Bachelor's Degree required
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience working in Tableau, Hyperion, and SAP financial systems
- Driven, organized and able to balance multiple priorities. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization. Self motivated and resourceful.
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to quantify, interpret and communicate financial forecasts and results
- Proven successful experience in identifying and implementing process improvements
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.