Manager, Plan and Flow
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
how you’ll make an impact:
The Manager Wave/Planning will own and manage flow of work into and out of the facility (wave, track, print, systemically complete all customer orders) to meet/exceed well defined service level agreements and on assigned shifts.
This role reports into Senior Manager, Wave/Planning, has 2 direct reports and is based in our Braselton Distribution Center.
- Effectively manage competing priorities by business units (corporate) and departments (facility).
- Evaluate and drive employee performance through coaching, leadership, proper planning, effective communication, and providing clear and attainable expectations all while using the company guidelines.
- Develop and teach all direct reports the specific workflow wave rules for flowing work to the distribution floor for processing (order date, ship via, cancel date, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy (100%) and timeliness (starting and closing) of all workflow waves.
- Responsible for all workflow wave audits are completed, timely reporting of variances, and appropriate action is taken in a timely manner on assigned shifts.
- Effectively communicate with all business partners (internal - operational directors/managers and business unit liaisons (owners and representatives)) to ensure accuracy (100%) and service metrics are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for exceptions (any order not properly flowing through normal processing steps) from identifying, understanding root cause, eliminating root causes, timely processing to meet service metrics and properly adjusting inventory (if additional inventory was needed) on assigned shift.
- Through continuous improvement methodology, improve workflow waving processes that will improve associate morale, service, cost per unit, quality and/or accuracy.
- Maintain working knowledge of current innovations and best practices in the distribution area and investigate integration of these ideas to improve distribution function.
- Analysis data on orders to improve building through put and maximize capacity.
- General understanding and knowledge of distribution center technologies (Manhattan warehouse management systems (WMS), automated unit sortation, automated storage, and retrieval system (ASRS)/Goods-to-Person (GTP), automated shipping and receiving sortation, pick-to-light, radio-frequency scanners, warehouse control systems (WCS), conveyors, etc.).
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal (influencing, collaborating, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands and delegate tasks as needed.
- Proven ability in making sound business decisions (focus on the decision-making process and the use of solid data to formulate and implement decisions).
- Demonstrated success with multi-tasking and the ability to adapt to ever-changing environments while maintaining clear focus on all priorities.
- Assist with other projects as required.
- Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced Supply Chain environment with 4-5 years of leadership.
- Experience working within a sophisticated Information Technology (IT) structure.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills required.
- Solid working knowledge or Microsoft Office applications
Preferred skills and experience:
- BS/BA degree in a related field
- Experience working in a DC within the Wave or Planning departments
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.