Manager, Real Estate Analytics
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How you’ll make an impact:
The Manager of Real Estate Analytics is responsible for building and leading strategies designed to optimize the real estate portfolio for Carter’s, Inc. (CRI) across North America. He/she will drive real estate recommendations and initiatives from conception to implementation, while engaging cross-functional leaders and influencing key stakeholders to ensure buy-in. In addition, he/she will have the opportunity to help negotiate real estate deals for a defined territory.
Analysis & Strategic Planning (40%):
- Own the analysis of our North American real estate portfolio - providing data driven insights on:
- Recommendations for store closures and new openings
- Major market analysis of CRI’s current real estate position and future strategy
- Performance by store / market - including impact of CRI wholesale relationships
- Succinct and persuasive communication to senior leadership of real estate portfolio strategies based on data driven analysis
- Preparation and presentation of strategic real estate materials for monthly business reviews and for earnings call and Board of Directors presentations
- Lead analytical support for ongoing negotiations with landlords
- Ad hoc requests to support the forecasting, planning, and analysis of the Company’s real estate portfolio
Ownership of Preparation of Materials for Real Estate Committee & Sr. Leadership Meetings (30%)
- Lead the process of preparing analyses and presentations for the monthly portfolio review and for review meetings to present new store opportunities
- Own the analysis and presentation of market reviews of the real estate portfolio in all major US markets
- Maintain dashboards of key real estate related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Rent per square foot and % to sales
- Occupancy cost per square foot and % to sales
- Earnings before interest and taxes per square foot
- Top and bottom store and market performance metrics
- Landlord portfolio penetration and related KPIs
- Ownership of new store open grid and tracking of new store performance (actual vs. pro forma)
- Coordination of rent budgets with retail finance
Negotiation of Real Estate Deals for a Defined Territory (30%)
- Negotiate with landlords on store lease renewals
- Source deals for potential new store locations
- Present store lease renewals and potential new locations to the Portfolio Management Committee and Real Estate Committee for approval
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- 5+ years or related experience in real estate analytics for a retail company or real estate research firm
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Real Estate, or related field
- Ability to communicate key takeaways from in-depth analyses to senior leadership
- Demonstrated strength in collaborating broadly across an organization on large-scale analyses and the communication of strategies / plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and intellectually curious - seeks opportunities to improve analysis and the business without being asked
- Technical/System Experience - advanced Excel, advanced PowerPoint, CoStar, Hyperion (preferred but not required), mapping proficiency with GIS platforms
- Extensive Analysis Experience - Working knowledge of retail lease documents, cannibalization & sales transfer analysis, customer data analysis
Preferred skills and experience:
- Role works closely with the Senior Vice President of Real Estate and the broader real estate and Financial Planning and Analysis teams, requiring excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels and teams within the company.
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment.
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.