Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
- Supervise all aspects of multiple store locations and brands within a designated market.
- Responsible for leading teams to execute an effective selling culture utilizing the Behavioral Pyramid and delivering a positive customer experience to grow top line sales and control expenses.
- Build successful teams through strategic selection, training, coaching and development.
- Oversee merchandising direction and operational activities; ensure asset protection, compliance with all company policies, procedures, and directives.
Build Talent Pipeline:
- Communicate professionally and effectively with the team (Management and Sales Associates)
- Build, develop and promote successful teams through effective recruiting, hiring, and staffing.
- Exhibit consistent leadership and communication vertically and horizontally across the business.
- Effectively oversees payroll and scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
- Network and recruit utilizing company tools to create a bench of talent for future growth, assess skills and cultural fit.
- Capitalize on opportunities to train, coach and performance management individuals on their professional and organizational growth.
- Address coaching and performance discussions timely and as needed.
- Develop Store Managers to drive the performance of store teams to maximize productivity and minimize performance issues.
Drive Sales Capability:
- Critically analyze key performance indicators and identifies behaviors needed to drive top line sales.
- Oversee the business, drives, and executes all company/store initiatives according to established timelines and standards and strive for operational excellence.
- Lead store teams to generate sales to meet and exceed goals to last year and budget.
- Coach Store Managers to build customer loyalty through execution of Ready All Day (RAD) service.
- Analyze business results and coach Store Managers effectively on the necessary actions to continuously improve results.
- Responsible for ensuring asset protection through auditing procedures, evaluating the level of customer service, and operational controls within the store environment.
- Partner with peers, business partners and management teams to identify successes and opportunities in the business.
Extend the reach of Brands:
- Maintain a strong and genuine customer focus, merchandise to company standards and embrace change Ensure visual presentation, reactionary merchandising and marketing are to the company standard.
- Ensure each store demonstrates a culture of customer service by evaluating the use of the Behavioral Pyramid (People, Interaction, Presentation and Execution)
- Ensure merchandising standards are being executed including visual, signage, sales promotions and floor sets as required.
- Utilize Company tools to audit, train, and coach to company standards.
- Maintain a ready all-day district that is neat, clean, and organized.
- Cultivate a positive work environment through recognition and motivation.
- Oversee 6-8 Stores and Store Managers.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Strong employee relations skills and ability to partner with HR.
- Ability to consistently communicate, written and verbal, with multiple locations remotely.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred
- Flexible availability seven days a week
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR15894