Merchandise Planner - Planning
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How you’ll make an impact:
Do you have a real passion for forecasting and planning? We are very excited to have an opportunity available for a Merchandise Planner to join the Carter’s team! This Planning role will be responsible for developing short and mid-range financial plans, as well and providing insight on long range plans and outlook. The ideal candidate should be entrepreneurial in that their approach to planning with a desire to identify growth opportunities and a willingness to put their name on it. Partner with the Allocation, Pricing and Marketing teams to develop strategies that align with company topside goals.
- Lead and execute buys and financial plans for omni business. Create 18 month bottom- up financial plans by product classification aligned to top down financial targets to establish annual budgets and open to buy. Present seasonal buy and strategy to leadership.
- Align assortment strategies (store assortments, pricing, buy quantities) to achieve the financial plans, maximum sales potential, in-stocks and gross margin dollars while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Manage 12-18 month style level ladder plans/ forecasts to determine optimal replenishment flows in alignment with retail turn and weeks of supply goals
- Gain pre-season alignment on promotional strategies working heavily with Marketing as well as Pricing teams
- Execute monthly/as needed re-forecast of comprehensive financial plan aligned top-down goals
- Re-forecast sales, margin, and inventory based on current trends, weekly or as needed
- Partner with finance to provide insight for long range plans and strategy to support future growth
- Quantify impact of strategic, promotion, and assortment changes
- Build a partnership with allocation in executing store receipts, strategies, buy targets, launch minimums, and program setups
- Communicate with business process and IT teams to advance system capabilities or troubleshoot data discrepancies
Provide ad hoc business reports and analysis as needed
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- 4+ years of experience in planning principles, financial budgeting, retail fundamentals, ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Proficiency of retail math and analytics, planning principles, financial budgeting, retail fundamentals, ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Strong analytical skills, proficient with planning systems (e.g. Anaplan) and Microsoft Excel
- Work cross-functionally with Merchandise Analysts, Business Process teams and Merchandise Partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred skills and experience:
- Accountable, self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic leadership style that can productively impact both strategic and tactical financial outcomes
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Poise and comfort presenting to all levels of leadership
- Experience managing and motivating team members
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.