Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
- Drive costing with vendors, obtain and negotiate cost in a timely manner to meet the Company goals.
- Proactively lead daily merchandising tasks from MS and costing to till shipment.
- Kick off, Tracking and reviewing Market & Salesmen samples in the beginning of every buying season and to ensure on time dispatching.
- Closely tracking all the pre-production submissions, i.e, lab dips, graphics, dye lots, locally sourced trims, fit sample, wash, PP and GPT samples etc. as per TNA. Liaison with local mills, vendors, HK and internal supporting team as needed.
- Approving print s/o and PP sample for Canada market.
- Closely tracking and monitoring ASN booking, Past due management, CRD slide request and escalate production issues to seek for solution.
- Visit factories frequently and ensure on time CRD
- Review weekly WIP report provided by vendors and diagnose accuracy and critical area.
- Generate weekly report on style tracking chart and shipment.
- Collaborate with Production Planning team and as active role to implement projects as per demand.
- University Degree or above, preferably with major in Apparel Manufacturing & Merchandising / Fashion Designing / Textile Engineering from reputed university.
- At least 6 years of working experience in related field (including factory + buying office). Working with HK team will be treated as an added advantage.
- System savvy - ability to work on PLM, IM, eSPS etc. with data accuracy and having excellent skills on Excel and MS office operating system.
- Proactively lead the daily execution of Ready to Wear Merchandising activities to achieve price, quality, product safety and delivery goals of the company.
- Experience in handling Baby/Children-wear products and possess product safety knowledge is preferred.
- Experienced in both Knits, Woven and Sweater items for US/Canada market is preferable.
- Able to work under pressure, self-motivated, responsible and can work independently.
- Requires skills of negotiation and persuasion in work with suppliers, vendors and sourcing associates.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to collaborate with different parties
- Excellent in MS Excel Skills (Vlookup, Pivot Tables etc.) and other MS office operating system.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR16762