Merchandising Intern, Summer 2024
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
This role typically reports to an Associate Merchant, Merchant, Sr. Merchant, or Director, and is based in our Buckhead office in our hybrid/ in-office work environment (4 days/week in-office).
- This role is required to be in the office 4 days per week at our Buckhead location.
- Supports merchant team with sample management and organization. Prepares samples for key milestone meetings.
- Trains and shadows with merchandising team to develop understanding of the calendar, product lifecycle, and process.
- Analyzes selling and competition to put together competitive analysis through in-store and online research. Develops a point of view for Carter’s brand positioning relative to competition. Presents key findings to merchant team as part of a final project for the summer.
- Responsible for printing, organizing, and distributing key weekly selling report information and updated line sheets.
- Supports merchandising team with all aspects of line structure development.
We’d Love to hear from you if:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (3.2 strongly preferred)
- Enrollment in a Bachelor/Master’s degree program at the time of the internship (certificate programs are not eligible) preferably in a related field (Apparel Merchandising, Product Development, Business, Economics)
- Availability to start on the designated start date in May
- Availability to work for a minimum of 10 out of the 11 weeks of the defined internship period which runs from May-August
- Strong financial acumen as demonstrated through coursework and team projects
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Preferred skills and experience:
- Polished presentation skills required: ability to present in casual cross-functional setting and formal business meetings with leadership
- Understanding of apparel production techniques
- Retail store experience
- Previous internship or related experience in Merchandising
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.