People Data and Reporting Analyst
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
The People Data and Reporting Analyst plays a crucial role in providing data-driven insights and analytics that will enable our organization to make informed decisions related to human capital management. This role involves collecting, analyzing, and report development to support HR initiatives and drive organizational effectiveness.
How You'll Make an Impact
70% Data Collection, Analysis and Report Development
Gather, consolidate, and validate HR data from various sources. Ensure data accuracy and consistency by performing regular data audits and validation checks.
Generate standard and ad-hoc reports on HR metrics such as turnover, headcount, compensation, and benefits. Collaborate with HR team members to understand their reporting needs and requirements. Identify opportunities to streamline HR reporting processes and implement improvements.
Design and develop HR reports, dashboards, and scorecards using reporting tools (e.g., Excel, Workday, Tableau). Create visually appealing data visualizations to communicate data effectively. Work closely with IT and other departments to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
Provide actionable insights to support strategic HR decision-making.
Conduct ad hoc analyses to answer specific HR-related questions and provide data-driven solutions.
30% Compensation Support
Participate in the implementation of new Workday Compensation related features and functionalities, ensuring seamless data integration.
Maintains the compensation market pricing tool including the annual market pricing data refresh process, pay structure updates, reporting and data analysis.
Assist in development of standard compensation market data updates for ongoing HRBP client data needs. Provide technical support to resolve data-related inquiries and issues.
Maintain strictest confidentiality in all work aspects and ensure continuing data integrity.
Learn compensation fundamentals to expand knowledge outside of reporting and analytics
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, or a related field and three years of hands-on experience with HR data visualization and analytics, Proficiency in data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, SQL, Tableau)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills for generating clear, concise release notes and documentation
- Project management skills; demonstrated ability to manage work across multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity and timing
- Proficiency in data visualization tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of Workday HCM strongly preferred
- Knowledge of HR processes, metrics, and best practices
- Experience in HR reporting and data analysis.
- Familiarity with HR compliance regulations and systems.
- HCM analytics a plus.
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment.
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients.
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely.
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.