Production Supervisor-1st shift
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
how you’ll make an impact:
A Supervisor is a member of the leadership team who is fully empowered to lead a functional department within a shift structure. Through effective relationships, Supervisors will lead their teams to meet and exceed daily goals, financial and operational expectations, while continuously improving processes.
This role typical reports to the Operations Manager and has 20-35 direct reports and is based in our Braselton office in our on-site work environment
50%: Drive Culture
- Demonstrate Carter’s core values with each interaction supporting the culture within the department and facility.
- Own Relationships between shifts, peers and department team members to build partnerships and maximize performance.
- Participate in resolving team members concerns in reporting, investigating, follow up and discipline process.
- Build Trust with team members to develop open and honest conversations through clear expectations, continuous feedback, support, development and accountabilities that will drive performance and results.
- Observe team member’s behaviors and coach for growth to lift performance and ensure all individual objectives are achieved through recognition, redirection, partnering with HR and manager to formally address performance as necessary.
- Be a Servant Leader demonstrating an understanding, empathy and awareness of the individual supporting each team member’s success and work experience.
- Maintain a safe work environment (incidents, near misses, accidents, awareness, etc.) through full participation in all safety related matters (meetings, supporting initiatives, investigations, etc.).
30%: Operational Execution
- Demonstrate Department Expertise, Excellence and Operational Command allowing for planning of the daily/weekly plan, providing clear communication to the team, ability to make immediate operational decisions and meet all objectives and channel KPI’s of the area.
- Maintain department operational flow ensuring continuous production and team productivity to meet individual and process objectives while supporting the larger operation and setting up and downstream areas up for success.
- Drive continuous improvement in operations and process areas that lead to a better customer experience in quality, accuracy, efficiencies, expense reductions, and increased productivity.
- Monitor and react to production and volume needs maximizing resources that drive productivity through the movement of team members within a channel and facility.
- Responsible for associate timecard maintenance, ensuring correct pay coding and accurate payroll for associates
- Identify and address cross training needs to maintain proper levels required for production, ensuring associates have the tools and equipment to maximize their effectiveness.
20% Business Minded and Customer Focus
- Ensure accuracy and quality of inventory to enhance the customer experience and make sure all actions and processes drive excellence and decisions are made with the customer’s best interest being first priority.
- Operate with a Customer Mindset ensuring that No Short Cuts are taken that impact accuracy, quality and integrity.
- Deliver inventory results to impact shortage, reduce damages and improve turn, productivity and sales.
- Develop and manage budgets for direct/indirect labor planning and supplies to prepare for volume and production while achieving financial objectives.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Engagement: A servant leader with strong listening and communication skills who can build and motivate a team to achieve success while maintaining company values.
- Accountability: A leader who is able to maintain high standards, holding associates, peers and self-accountable to operational goals and expectations.
- Problem Solving: A leader who is able to make sound business decisions, is responsive to opportunities, and proactive in mitigating problems
- Ability to work in a distribution center environment, working overtime and holidays as needed. Ability to lift/carry cases intermittently and ability to standing/walk for long periods with varying temperatures.
Preferred skills and experience:
- BS/BA degree in a related field, preferred.
- 3-5 years of managerial level experience with a preference of 1-3 years in the apparel distribution area.
- Prior experience in automated distribution center is preferred.
- Must be available to work in a multi-channel, multi-shift, high volume distribution environment.
- Flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR16233