Regional Asset Protection Manager
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How you’ll make an impact:
The Regional Asset Protection Manager takes complex asset protection scenarios and investigates them through building solid partnerships with store, district, and regional leadership. The Asset Protection Manager Is responsible for establishing AP policies and procedures to ensure profitability with customer experience in mind; acts as a servant leader with a hands-on approach with team development and an open mind to look at things differently.
Relationship Building, Education and Training (50%)
- Strengthen regional performance through education, training, and awareness; ensure execution of Asset Protection initiatives; control shrink; minimize safety concerns.
- Analyze inventory shrink via RFID scans; collaborate with field leaders; develop strategies to control shrink and improve inventory accuracy.
- Build impactful relationships with field leaders at all levels; drive KPI improvements; focus on shrink reduction and safety awareness.
- Maintain Asset protection programs; equip stores with specialized tools; elevate safety awareness; achieve effective shrink control.
- Partner with district and store management to identify shrink priorities and develop shrinkage reduction strategies.
Theft Prevention and Safety Awareness (40%)
- Conduct investigations to identify theft and fraud; resolve internal and external security and fraud concerns in stores.
- Collaborate with store teams and leaders; identify and resolve inventory and shrink opportunities; recommend solutions for increased profitability.
- Leverage exception reporting to identify high-risk stores; detect and analyze fraudulent activity, mismanagement, or theft; implement measure to reduce loss.
- Review resources to identify loss trends; formulate targeted solutions; communicate summarized findings to field leader and Senior Regional AP Manager.
- Educate team on safety precautions; impart de-escalation techniques; foster a cohesive and secure work environment.
- Enhance shrink performance and safety awareness through open discussions and store visits.
Auditing Functions (10%)
- Conduct store visits and assessments; ensure operational excellence, manage cash handling, improve inventory accuracy.
- Provide and analyze metrics and exception-based reporting on a variety of asset protection and financially related items and trends within the company.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that all store -asset protection systems and programs are fully operational, regularly maintained, and properly utilized, including CCTV, alarms, locks, etc.
- Manage and lead projects as delegated by the Sr. Regional Asset Protection Manager; ensure successful completion.
- Analyze asset prevention activities, shrink performance and develop policies/processes for improvement.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers and related MS Office applications
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of audit procedures
- Knowledge of applicable federal laws, state laws, and city ordinances
- Knowledge of interview techniques
- Thorough knowledge of POS systems
- General knowledge of physical security applications
- Understanding of retail sales drivers, financial reports and retail business acumen
- Ability to function independently and problem solve with minimal direction
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in loss prevention environment
- 50% travel required
Preferred skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interview Certification preferred
- Retail industry experience is preferred
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) abilities are a plus
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.