Retail Fraud Prevention Specialist
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
The Retail Fraud Prevention Specialist plays a crucial role in preventing and detecting retail-associated fraud and theft in stores and eCommerce. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in loss prevention, investigative techniques, and a keen understanding of retail operations. This position involves monitoring, analyzing, and implementing strategies to mitigate retail associate fraud risks, ensuring the overall security of the business.
This role reports to the Retail Fraud Prevention Manager, has 0 direct reports and is based in our Atlanta, GA office in a remote work environment.
40%: Daily Monitoring and Analysis
- Utilize surveillance tools and systems to monitor retail operations for signs of suspicious activity, with a specific focus on retail associated fraud and theft.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of transactional data, inventory records, and other relevant information to identify irregularities or patterns indicative of fraudulent activities.
- Disposition and prioritize next steps for identified irregularities
- Conduct thorough investigations into suspected instances of retail associate fraud or theft using Agilence. POS, and surveillance systems.
- Collaborate with store management, asset protection personnel, and other relevant stakeholders to gather information and evidence.
- Maintain detailed investigative reports and documentation.
- Assist with employee interviews and statements (facilitation and documentation)
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies, when necessary, to support legal actions related to fraud or theft
- Conduct risk assessments related to retail-associated fraud, identifying vulnerabilities.
- and recommending proactive measures to minimize risks.
- Generate and present regular reports on fraud trends, detection rates, and prevention strategies to finance and operations.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- 3+ years experience in retail loss prevention or a similar investigative role.
- Strong knowledge of retail operations and inventory management.
- Familiarity with surveillance technology and loss prevention tools (Agilence and ThinkLP systems experience preferred).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Wicklander certification (or similar) preferred
OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
MAKE A CAREER AT CARTER’S:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to
- mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.