Sales Manager (Part Time) - 24H210
If you are a CURRENT Carter’s employee, you MUST apply through the Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
The Sales Manager’s purpose is to uphold the Carter’s mission, vision, and values in order to support a high performing team that consistently delivers top end results. The SM in partnership with the store management team, oversees the overall productivity for their store. The SM responsibility includes supporting the management team in driving financial results through exceptional store standards, execution of company strategies, and positive customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST IMPORTANT)
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the team; management and associates.
- Regularly communicates employee concerns to the Store Manager for quick resolution.
- Assists in hiring; actively recruits and completes candidate application review to ensure open positions are filled timely.
- Offers consistent, in the moment, feedback to store team.
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance to increase employee engagement.
- Receives feedback with positive intent and makes efforts to take appropriate action on that feedback.
- Partners with Store Manager to address performance concerns of associates.
- Maintains the Company standard of a neat, clean, and organized store.
- Meets and demonstrates exceptional customer service behaviors and maintains high standards throughout the store.
- Responsible for leading and executing an assigned Division of Responsibility (DOR) through planning and detailed follow through.
- Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities by driving results and responds to customer concerns timely and with appropriate resolution.
- Assists store management with modifying schedules based on business climate to maximize sales and productivity.
- Regularly communicates with Store Manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business.
- Utilizes customer feedback to identify areas of opportunity to implement actions to drive results.
- Supports the planning and execution of store processes and merchandise placement in an efficient manner while following brand guidelines.
- Supports store team with Asset Protection through a consistent level of customer service, education, and operational controls.
- Executes Company directives within timelines including visual, signage, markdowns, and sales promotions.
- Builds customer loyalty through the company sponsored programs.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed per company standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school degree or GED minimum requirement, Associates degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year in retail store management.
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills.
- Demonstrates strong listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Regular work frequency is required to remain an active employee.
- Availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and will be reviewed based on business needs.
- Scheduled working shifts range from 3-8 hours in length (applicable state laws apply).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.