Seasonal Associate - 24H115
If you are a CURRENT Carter’s employee, you MUST apply through the Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
The Seasonal Sales Associate is responsible for interacting with customers and employees to create a positive store environment. The SA maximizes sales by ensuring a neat, clean, and organized store. Responsible for the execution of operational activities and protecting Company assets through exceptional customer service. The SA is responsible for providing information regarding product benefits and ensuring that customers are satisfied with their experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST IMPORTANT)
- Confidently and proactively helps resolve issues for customers and can balance a number of customers in a busy retail environment.
- Meets customer’s needs by assisting with locating merchandise, informing customers of promotions and revisiting frequently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Expedites point of sale transactions at the time of the sale.
- Completes floor replenishment and shipment as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and size availability.
- Ensures store visual standards are set to company direction.
- Executes replenishment process, recovers, and cleans the sales floor to company standard.
- Completes merchandise floor sets according to visual standards and directives.
- Maintains solid product knowledge and merchandise presentation.
- Articulates current promotional events and the brand loyalty program with the customer.
- Minimizes store loss by providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintains housekeeping standards to ensure a positive experience for customers and team.
- Meets or exceeds company productivity standards for all operational processes.
- Achieves daily goals as established by management.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with all members of the team.
- Adapts performing assignments as requested.
- Supports management direction of store.
- Supports, trains, and coaches others to success.
- Adheres to all company policies and safety procedures as directed by the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Retail/specialty apparel knowledge and experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Any availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and will be approved based on business needs.
- Scheduled working shifts from 3*-8 hours in length. *State of NY minimum shift is 4 hours.
- Minimum number of hours is not guaranteed.
- Note: Carter’s will regularly assess the business needs to determine if any changes to this assignment are warranted. Since this is a temporary assignment, I understand that at any point in time my assignment may end, with or without notice.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: JR13892