Seasonal Cycle Counter
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
Essential Job Functions (Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities Most Important for the Job)
- Perform Cycle Counts in Reserve to include (Ecommerce, Wholesale and Retail Divisions)
- Must be able to maintain minimum performance standards while performing required job functions.
- Must be able to operate lift equipment as required; safely and efficiently completing assignments.
- Possess skill set to optimize flow so that all operations have their respective utility needs met while maintaining a clean work environment.
- Use Radio Frequency (RF) Scanner/Complete Certification for Operating Lift/Picker/Reach Equipment/Complete Vehicle Inspection.
- Responsible for check in/check out for equipment.
Secondary Functions (If Applicable - Any Duties Not Considered Essential)
- Basic working knowledge of computers, RF Scanners and Warehouse Management systems.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements (Minimum Competencies Required for Job Performance)
- Proven team member with skills to multi-task.
- One year equipment operator (lift) experience required.
- Must wear work boots.
- Must have a valid State issued Driver’s License.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with others (Supervisors and co-workers).
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Must have the ability to abide by all of Carter’s policies and procedures and know, understand and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures.
- High school diploma or a GED preferred, not required.
- Six months in a distribution center environment preferred.
- Must be available to work in a multi-channel, multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
- Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Must be available to work overtime during peak periods including days off of normal shift.
- Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.