Seasonal Experienced Equipment Operator - 3rd Shift Fri-Sun 6a-6p
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
Essential Job functions (Tasks, duties and responsibilities most important FOR the job)
- Must be able to maintain minimum performance standards while performing required job functions.
- Efficiently handle tasks to include material handling and stock movement.
- Operate lift equipment as required; safely and efficiently completing assignments.
- Possess skill set to optimize flow so that all operations have their respective utility needs met while maintaining a clean work environment.
- Use Radio Frequency (RF) Scanner/Complete Certification for Operating Lift/Picker/Reach Equipment/Complete Vehicle Inspection.
- Responsible for check in/check out for equipment.
secondary functions (IF APPLICABLE - ANY DUTIES NOT CONSIDERED ESSENTIAL)
- Complete additional distribution functions as instructed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
knowledge, skill and ability requirements-minimum competencies required for job
- Basic working knowledge of computers and RF Scanners.
- Proven team member with skills to multi-task.
- Proficient reading skills.
- The ability to be certified on lift equipment.
- Must have the ability to work safely and abide by all of Carter’s Safety rules and procedures.
- Must have the ability to abide by all of Carter’s policies and procedures; specifically the attendance policy.
prior work experience and educational requirements
- High school diploma or a GED preferred, not required.
- Six months verifiable experience within last two years of equipment operator experience preferred.
PHYSICAL and Work DEMANDS
- Required to stand throughout the entire shift. Must wear work boots.
- Ability to work from heights, harnessed into equipment.
- Must be able to repetitively lift cases weighing up to forty pounds.
- Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and OT as required. Must be able to work consecutive days during peak season.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Comply with blackout periods as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.