Seasonal Lift Driver
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
30% Employee Discount
Potential Growth Opportunities
Essential Job Functions (Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities Most Important for the Job)
- Research previous locations, locate hot stock for waving purposes and complete tasks.
- Lock Inventory to Lost and communicates with the Inventory Department.
- Responsible for observing housekeeping, safety and C-TPAT compliance in assigned area of responsibility; Stay within compliance of the company policies regarding safety.
- Work with Wave Planning, Inventory Control, and Training to ensure the adherence of area processes.
Secondary Functions (If Applicable - Any Duties Not Considered Essential)
- Perform other tasks as assigned, including pulling during low volume periods.
- Support the Coordinator/Supervisor in all duties as assigned including all operational areas of the Distribution Center
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements (Minimum Competencies Required for Job Performance)
- Must be able to operate Lift Trucks (Order picker/Reach truck).
- Must be able to operate within WMOS using all task functions including (ROL’s).
- Proven team member with skills to multi-task.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with others (Supervisors and co-workers).
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Must have the ability to abide by all of Carter’s policies and procedures and know, understand and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures.
- High school diploma or a GED preferred, not required.
- Six months in an automated distribution center environment preferred.
- Must be available to work in a multi-channel, multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
- Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Must be able to repetitively lift cases weighing up to fifty pounds.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Must be available to work overtime during peak periods including days off of normal shift.
- Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.