Seasonal Material Handler
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
30% Employee Discount
Potential Growth Opportunities
Essential Job Functions (Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities Most Important for the Job)
- Login to scanner/computer system.
- Use scanner to inquire/research cases, adjust/create cases and palletize cases.
- Unload cases from one pallet and stack onto another.
- Consistently lifting up to 50 pounds throughout shift.
- Open cases and tape cases closed.
- Build boxes and label according to instructions.
- Tear down cases/boxes and move to compactor.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements (Minimum Competencies Required for Job Performance)
- Proven team member with skills to multi-task.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with others (Supervisors and co-workers).
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Must have the ability to abide by all of Carter’s policies and procedures and know, understand and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures.
- High school diploma or a GED preferred, not required.
- Six months in an automated distribution center environment preferred.
- Must be available to work in a multi-channel, multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
- Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Must be available to work overtime during peak periods including days off of normal shift.
- Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.