Senior Director, Go to Market (GTM)
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
The role of the Senior Director, GTM is responsible for setting the vision and driving the overall strategy for traffic-driving marketing programs across all channels and brands. This position will oversee the creation and communication of the marketing calendar and programs executed by marketing, stores and ecommerce teams. The Senior Director, GTM will ideate GTM milestones across multiple seasons concurrently, developing tools and playbooks that will guide cross-functional collaboration across marketing, pricing, product, buying and retail teams to drive the direct-to-consumer business.
This role will drive alignment to start each season to ensure consistent storytelling across our channels for our consumers. This role will oversee the collection and pacing of annual and seasonal product and pricing calendars from buying teams to build a Go-To-Market calendar which serves as the backbone for our marketing strategy.
Primarily, Senior Director, GTM is responsible for ideation and creation of traffic-driving initiatives across our stores and ecommerce site, ensuring all marketing channels work together to deliver optimal value. Additionally, this role oversees our gift card programs, manages all store opening programs, retail activations, and data partnership initiatives.
The successful candidate will be able to distill a complex process into a simple to understand calendar-based approach with milestones for each season from which cross-functional teams can execute. The GTM team will be dedicated to driving awareness for timing of deliverables across the marketing organization, ensuring campaigns are activated on time and cohesively.
Strategy Program Development - 40%
- Lead and develop meaningful marketing strategies and programs to drive awareness, consideration, traffic and sales to our stores and ecommerce site
- Build strategic marketing plans that leverage consumer insights and data to proactively anticipate the evolving market and competitive landscape, current trends, and identify any risks and opportunities
- Partner with marketing functional teams (Brand, Demand Generation, Creative, Email, Loyalty, Personalization) to orchestrate cohesive campaigns engineered to deliver on retail and brand goals
- Partner with pricing, buying and planning teams to develop promotional cadence that will deliver retail sales and traffic, including in-market adjustments and optimizations
- Lead and develop strategic programs (short and long term) and other campaign events to drive customers to our stores and site/app, inclusive of events, promotions, and unique customer offerings
- Develop strategic plans to grow our Gift Card business through our stores, site, and 3rd party partnerships
- Develop marketing support to launch and build awareness for all retail and product initiatives
- Consistently monitor and track industry trends, competition, and new technology to identify new ways to engage our consumer
- Understand new technology and marketing programs and how they could benefit Carter’s
- Understanding of how offer discounts impact gross margin and overall retail profitability, optimize to drive profitable, incremental growth
- Deep understanding of retail metrics, and impacts of what drives P&L performance to ensure programs are delivering on profitable sales and consumer growth
Marketing Activation - 40%
- Lead the weekly cadence and messaging process to ensure the message we deliver is brand-right, aligned with priorities and strong enough to deliver on traffic and brand goals
- Provide expertise and understanding of requirements of daily plan and historical performance (day-to-day business stewardship), inclusive of forecasting
- Partner with operations teams to develop easy to execute campaigns, provide understanding of messages and promotions for both stores and ecommerce site
- Proactively share results across all cross-functional teams to better inform as to what is working, what isn’t and ways to evolve programs to deliver performance
Store Marketing - 20%
- Lead all store marketing activity, inclusive of promotional cadence, openings/closings, marketing toolkits, events and unique offerings to drive foot traffic
- Support new stores with traffic driving initiatives to accelerate discovery of new locations, deliver strong opening performance and orchestrate ongoing support to drive growth
- Partner with analytics and consumer insights team to develop deep insights to understand local market impacts and identify opportunities and mitigation plans
- Partner with Omni-Channel team to develop strategic consumer facing programs to accelerate customer growth and adopting of our Omni-channel initiatives
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- 10+ years Marketing experience required, ideally in a high-paced, heavy promotional retail environment; at least 5+ years at the Director level with experience leading a team driving multiple programs and initiatives
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Must be results-driven, organized, self-starter with a proven experience driving traffic with a demonstrated ability to deliver on plans
- Must be a true collaborator, can easily navigate and drive consensus through influence in a highly matrixed environment while building cross functional relationships (both internal and external)
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple programs and competing priorities and deliver results while leading future strategy
- Must have proven creative problem-solving abilities; demonstrated ability to find solutions and remove barriers
- Must have proven ability to drive innovation and test / try new things
- Must be able to balance ‘sales overnight’ with ‘brand over time’ initiatives, with an understanding of marketing tools and levers that deliver on brand and business objectives
- Exhibit expertise and deep understanding of the market, competition, and consumer to develop strong strategic programs
- Must have proven ability to recognize potential business issues, communicate proactively to team and cross functional partners and drive to solution
- Must be curious; a student of the retail and marketing industries
- Understand the inner workings of a Brand and how a season is designed, developed, and executed cross functionally across Consumer Insights, Finance, Allocations, Buying and Merchandising
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and adjust in a dynamic, fast-changing environment while driving results and maintaining a high level of accountability
- Direct experience with managing multiple projects, timelines and deliverables
- Direct to consumer experience required, retail experience highly preferred
OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
MAKE A CAREER AT CARTER’S:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR16431