Senior Director Store Operations and Retail Strategy
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How you’ll make an impact:
Key business partner on the retail leadership team in developing and executing the retail strategic plan. Build a highly productive and exceptional customer experience culture within Store Operations. Be a customer and store champion to enable a frictionless shopping experience. Seek and analyze customer and team feedback, and leverage technology to anticipate shopping preferences.
Creates store leadership partnerships and influences across corporate partners to optimize regional performance to exceed sales targets, service level and financial goals. Leads with a sense of urgency and prioritization for all Store Operations activities for US and Canada. This Sr. Director has team of approximately 20 employees and is based in our corporate office in Atlanta GA (Hybrid work environment).
50% Operational Strategy
- Identify key issues, guide analysis, develop conclusions, and present findings to cross functional leaders. Regularly influence leadership team decisions and initiatives.
- Successfully drive a significant size P&L with a strong working knowledge in store operations and analytics.
- Drive adoption of performance metrics and identify productivity improvements; create analytical tools to improve store reporting and metrics. Identify risks and opportunities by location to mitigate potential lost sales.
- Develop, implement and manage strategic store expense initiatives in partnership with GVP Store Operations, field VP’s and cross functional business partners.
- Responsible for building annual payroll budget and store incentive program; analyze, re-forecast, and adjust as needed to meet financial targets.
- Collaborate with store teams to optimize volume by location in conjunction with merchandise initiatives and strategies.
- Support store optimization in coordination with SVP of Real Estate; provide recommendations based on age, profit, volume and lease expiration.
- Effectively drive best in class results and positive change through the development and implementation of stores and field management strategies, processes and best practices.
- Lead the effective execution of new store pre/post opening activities including marketing, inventory allocation, grand opening readiness, events, efficiencies, and overall support of the store teams
- Lead organization-wide, strategic initiatives that involve cross-functional steering committees comprised of senior leaders that drive consistent execution of operational strategies
25% Innovation / Customer Experience
- Build and champion a culture of organizational growth, one that values improvement of business processes, boosting execution, effectiveness, and ability to scale to meet consumer expectations.
- Drive store profitability, productivity, and customer improvement through creative problem-solving and the implementation of technical solutions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain brand standards through proactive and reactive maintenance projects based on evolving customer needs and business demands.
- Build and continue to evolve the Omni channel in-store experience with enhanced technology and innovation.
- Keep pace with industry trends and evolve with the changing retail landscape. Build brand loyalty through an exceptional shopping experience.
- Foster a consumer-concentric environment and deliver a superior store and attraction experience.
25% Collaboration / Team Development
- Lead cross-functional teams; influence across all functions and levels of the organization to achieve goals.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in Merchandising, Planning, Visual, Operations and Marketing to drive in-store impact, productivity and reduce workload.
- Maintain consistent communication with the store teams through store visits, and field meetings/calls.
- Act as liaison between Merchandise, Planning, Buying, Human Resources and field organization to communicate end of season results and conduct seasonal hindsight with leadership and store teams.
- Partner with the field leaders to develop seasonal plans, departmental strategies, and promotional event calendars.
- Lead the Store communication team to consolidate daily communication from cross-functional corporate teams to stores.
- Provide the team with professional and personal development in accordance with the Carter’s development standards.
- Provide leadership and structure for Store Operations team encompassing Carter’s mission and core values.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Strong critical thinking, planning and business curiosity with the ability to work in a complex cross functional environment.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of retail systems and technology (omni channel models).
- Ability to effectively elevate the level of talent on the team through effective performance management, development, and coaching.
- 10+ years’ experience working in retail operations, strategy or technology dynamic, large-scale retail, or services organization with demonstrated progressive upward mobility
- Experience in leading operational and strategic initiatives end-to-end, managing stakeholders and running multiple projects or work-streams simultaneously
- BA/BS Degree
Preferred skills and experience:
- Self-motivated, focused, driven individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic business landscape.
- Confirmed ability to influence optimally toward outcomes in a cross-functional manner, with a history of achieving goals.
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR16302